At Balbix our mission is to help our customers transform their security posture. We are looking for a Sr User Experience (UX) Designer. This person will be able to creatively use web usability best-practices and conventions to support critical cybersecurity and IT team workflows will be central to your role. An important element of the Balbix product experience is supporting efficient and intuitive workflows. Working with the Product team, Customer Satisfaction team, the CEO, UI engineers, you will bring best-in-class Design and Usability standards to Balbix flagship BreachControl product. You will enjoy and be challenged by the engaging pace of a startup, and rapidly gain experience as a Product Designer.
The selection process will include a tryout - a take home design task followed by design review.
- Design new features based on their concept sketches and documented feature requirements.
- Address feature enhancements with the Customer Satisfaction team and existing customers.
- Work with the VP Product and CEO on strategic features and workflows.
- Develop visual designs, navigational flows, and click-through UX prototypes.
- Communicate with teams in local San Jose office and remote India center.
- Create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation.
- Ensure that designs looks great and function properly.
- Troubleshoot with UI engineers as needed.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Create, organize and maintain designs into libraries and visual guidelines that are easy and enjoyable for developers to use.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Design, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of demonstrable design experience for web, mobile and touch devices
- Portfolio of visual UI design samples in a wide range of visual styles
- Fluency with common design software, including Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Principle.
- Expert knowledge in graphic design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI, UX, and web standards
- Experience working on enterprise software products.
- Previous experience working on IT or Security products is a big plus
- Experience in an agile, startup-like product development environment
- Experience with different UI frameworks and tools including Angular, Material UI, D3, Node.js, etc.
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!