At Balbix , we are building a third-generation cybersecurity platform which uses deep learning and other advanced ML algorithms to help enterprise security teams proactively avoid cyber breaches.
As aThreat Researcher Architect, you will be responsible for research of vulnerabilities in software, firmware and devices, and modern exploits and techniques. You will develop proof-of-concept attacks, analysis of emerging threats and research of effective mitigation and security technologies. Your work will involve researching evolving malware behavior and you will collaborate closely with our data scientists to come up with and evolve ML models to surface risk across a range of attack dimensions.
You will maintain and enhance Balbix’s (and your personal) knowledge of state-of-the-art security principles, theories, attacks. You may be asked to represent Balbix and present research results at conferences.
- Motivation and passion for cybersecurity, with an interest in “breaking things” to improve security
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related discipline and 5+ years of experience as security researcher
- Experience in assessing software and network protocols for vulnerabilities. You must have a track record of vulnerability discovery, and experience with relevant tools (e.g. IDA Pro)
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis, fuzzing and use of vulnerability tools, including network analysis tools
- Extensive understanding of Windows and Linux operating system fundamentals, including the kernel, drivers, memory management, threading
- You must be intimately familiar with modern defenses and security controls used in the corporate security practice, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Interest in public speaking, technical writing and publications
Life @ Balbix
Work life at Balbix is very rewarding! We are developing the world's most advanced platform to address what is perhaps the most important (and hardest) technology problem facing mankind today. Our team is collaborative, fast moving and fun-loving, a combination not always seen in cutting-edge B2B startups. Working with clarity of goals in a culture of alignment and bottom-up innovation, Balbix team members see an opportunity for rapid career growth. We encourage experimenting and continuous learning, a can-do attitude, excellence and ownership. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
Top Notch Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and long-term disability coverage for you and your family
- Wellness program allowance to buy things that support your health and happiness
- Flex-Time-- anytime. Take time off as you need it. We appreciate good work and a good life, and know you want the same
- Free lunches 3x/week, Friday happy hours, regular off-sites.
- And we’re right next door to Santana Row- enjoy your time in (and out of) the office!