Balbix is looking for a Senior Software Engineer- Backend. You will play a key role in building and scaling Balbix’s backend infrastructure using the latest technology such as Microservices, and Kafka with extensive RESTful APIs running in AWS and related cloud environments. As a member of the Backend team you will collaborate closely with our data scientists, threat researchers and network experts to solve real-world problems plaguing cybersecurity.
- Architect, design and build scalable, reliable backend infrastructure to collect, process and store high volumes of data
- Architect, design, and test RESTful APIs for consumption by internal groups, external partners, and customers
- Streamline the DevOps lifecycle to ensure continuous deployment and delivery into production
- Work with the data science team to architect, design and implement a scalable, reliable, and testable ML pipeline
- Proven track record of building and scaling high-volume, highly-available SaaS solutions
- API design (e.g., RESTful Web services) for internal and external consumers
- Experience developing and scaling data stores for large distributed systems
- Designed and developed distributed systems for real-time and batch processing and analytics
- Experience with databases systems of all sorts, including relational and NoSQL solutions, and informed opinions on when to use them
- Bachelor's degree in CS or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of hands-in experience building backend components in one or more of Python, GoLang, Java, C/C++
- Motivation and passion of building large-scale distributed systems with strong systems fundamentals
This role represents a unique opportunity to join a hyper-growth company in a key role where you can make a big impact on the trajectory of the company and its products.
WHAT PROBLEM ARE WE SOLVING
Balbix’s predictive breach risk platform is the industry’s first system to leverage predictive analytics and Artificial Intelligence to provide enterprises with a comprehensive and continuous risk and resilience calculation visualized via a searchable and clickable heat map. We designed our platform for CIOs, CISOs and IT security teams who wish to proactively understand their breach risk and cyber-resilience. The Balbix system can predict critical breach scenarios, help users prioritize security operations and projects, and ultimately improve cyber-resilience.
Employee life at Balbix is collaborative and fast-paced. We encourage the willingness to experiment and learn, a can-do attitude, ownership, excellence and commitment. We offer an environment of growth & opportunity by providing guidance and candid feedback. We support each other at every step of the way. As employees, we consider ourselves as co-owners of the business as we take our mission seriously. We work hard, take great pride in our work, and have loads of fun along the way!
BENEFITS & PERKS, HAPPINESS
Our Employees' health and well-being is very important to us, and we truly believe that everyday choices that we make can help us live healthier and happier lives, both at work and at home. We offer rich health benefits and wellness plans which are designed to enhance the overall quality of life of our team members and their loved ones.
We hang out together and enjoy playing pool, beer bashes, celebrating our personal & professional milestones, team lunches together multiple times a week are just part of our life in Balbix.
To learn more about our company you can visit our careers page at: