, we're focused on providing the best career platform and marketplace to match performing artists (actors, models, dancers, musicians and more) with talent seekers.
We are looking for a Conversion Rate Optimization Manager to own the optimization of our sales funnel and drive paid memberships to Backstage. This is a pivotal role at Backstage -- the role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will work closely with marketing, product, and design teams across the business.
You will be tasked with understanding our customer journey, analyzing pathways across our web and IOS app using a host of tools, creating A/B and multivariate tests, and recommend product enhancements to help convert customers and drive profitable customer acquisition across our properties.
- Analyze funnel conversion pathways from organic and paid sources
- Create assessments based on analytics data, customer recordings, heatmaps, surveys and interviews, and analysis of analogous/competitive businesses and market research to inform optimization strategy and roadmap
- Create hypotheses based on careful examination of data, and develop an optimization strategy
- Develop and manage a testing roadmap and a hierarchy/ordering of tests to drive performance
- Build and execute A/B or multivariate tests according to an optimization strategy and testing plan
- Report on findings and communicate results to marketing and product team managers
- File and manage any tickets with engineering related to product changes concerning optimization across the web and IOS apps
- Work with design and product team to develop new creatives, landing pages, and product designs, based on sound insight from prior performance and testing.
- You’re passionate about conversion rate optimization and want to own the function at Backstage
- You are a self-starter who loves to own opportunities.
- You are analytical - excited about testing, data, and metrics.
- You are naturally curious and love unpacking problems and solving puzzles
- You have demonstrated the ability to innovate, adapt, and learn in previous positions.
- Enjoys communicating and collaborating in a team-based work environment.
- 2+ years in conversion optimization role at prior organization
- 3+ year(s) of experience with web and app analytics
- Highly organized, thinks and works fast, can execute complex tasks with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated history as a proactive problem solver.
- Experience using Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Optimization platforms like Optimizely or Google Optimize, Amplitude, Looker.
- Prior Experience working with two-sided marketplaces
- Prior experience working for a subscription business
- A love for the performing arts.
- Casual office space in Dumbo Brooklyn
- Collaborative work environment where you’ll learn about and influence every aspect of the business
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and access to other local music events
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- The opportunity to work with talented leaders in their disciplines
- A company that works with you to learn, grow, and excel in your career
Backstage, LLC, is the leading platform in creative talent placement. We are currently composed of two brands: Backstage.com
, for actors; and Sonicbids.com
, for musicians -- with plans to launch additional verticals organically and through acquisition. Nowhere else will you find the same combination of startup energy and entertainment industry creativity atop the solid foundation of an established but small and fast-growing business with decades of success in our industry.
We are a close knit, agile team that is disrupting the creative talent placement industry through technical innovation, product design and a solid business model. At the heart of our success and growth resides a group of hardcore technologists, writers, marketers, and product designers who share a tight bond and believe that collaboration creates a better experience for our users.
We offer benefits including health insurance (vision and dental available), commuter benefits, 401K, unlimited vacation, and tickets/tuition for select conferences/courses. Our DUMBO office is spacious and convenient to 3 subway lines.