Azzur Group is seeking a Director of Marketing with extensive experience leading and managing marketing initiatives in a professional services organization. The Director of Marketing is responsible for owning overall company branding, brand alignment and awareness, and overall marketing strategy for the enterprise. This strategy will be supported by effective development and execution of clearly-defined marketing and communications methods. The Director of Marketing will oversee all activities concerned with planning, organizing, staffing, training, and management of marketing resources, both internal and external. Candidates who have successfully managed a marketing team within a professional services company while enhancing brand alignment and awareness are highly desirable. This includes coaching Sales and Service Delivery leadership and their respective teams on effective marketing tactics that will support the goals of the business.
- Owns the marketing & brand strategy for the entire enterprise, in support of the goals and objectives defined by the executive leadership team. Develops the long-term marketing strategy, including identification of target markets for long-term growth; ongoing identification and communication of the brand’s unique value proposition in the market as the company grows; conduct and analyze market research to determine competitiveness.
- Provide market insights and devise appropriate marketing measures that capitalize on trends and opportunities identified through industry news, leading organizations, social media, etc.
- Recruits all marketing support personnel required to support the marketing function; manages all employment decision-making, with input from executive leadership and HR.
- Manages all outsourced marketing vendors, ensuring effective and cost-efficient delivery of services.
- Leads and manages all aspects of internal and external promotion: Trade shows, Event Marketing, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Advertising, and Creative Services. Owns and enhances Azzur’s social media presence (Twitter, FB, LinkedIn,etc.) and monitors brand integrity through these channels. Escalates any brand risks and mitigation solutions to the executive leadership team.
- Identifies, tracks, and reports key marketing metrics. Defines and measures the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs while implementing improvements, as needed.
- Works intimately with the Director of Sales Operations to coordinate marketing and Sales team activities in support of Azzur-sponsored industry events, trade shows, and other events designed to generate new leads and future sales.
- Drives performance of the Marketing team through end-to-end completion; works cross-functionally soliciting input and needs from internal stakeholders.
- Develops, enhances and maintains marketing dashboards, and quarterly reporting. Utilize a execute a data-driven approach to guide future marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Develops, implements and maintains Marketing operations procedures while delivering appropriate training to marketing resources and internal stakeholders, where appropriate.
- Actively identifies areas for improvement and attends weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and review meetings with the company leadership team.
- Self-directed and action-oriented; must be accustomed to working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with multiple stakeholder-customers.
- 6-8 years of experience in a marketing leadership/management role – preferably in professional services, business-to-business.
- Effective communication skill-set, paired with solid business development insight.
- Creative problem-solver with strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skill-set.
- Technically proficient in marketing tools - market research techniques, business intelligence, data analytics - as well as understanding of operations within professional services companies.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Experience in life sciences, healthcare, or related industry is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management a plus.
- Hands-on experience with current CRM platforms (Salesforce a plus).