This role serves as a "hands-on" senior level network engineer who evaluates complex network-computing system requirements and then designs, implements and maintains the most efficient solutions. This role will develop technical standards, identify and evaluate new products, interface with vendors to purchase new hardware and software, and collaborate with other IT teams to provide guidance to resolve network issues. The Network Operations Engineer will be directly responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, patching, maintenance and monitoring of the Network across the entire Client Enterprise, while ensuring compliance to various security and encryption protocols for U.S. national security. Key deliverables for success will be: ensuring 100% availability of the network; implementing fault and performance management; enforcing corporate network, system and application security procedures.
***Must have strong hands-on experience with Palo Alto
- Create, implement and document the following processes for Network Infrastructure:
- performance monitoring
- problem troubleshooting / helpdesk response
- utilization, availability and growth patterns (capacity planning)
- landscape design, configuration and standards
- 24/7 support, escalation and SLA models
- IMAC (installation, move, add, change) services for network components
- change management methodology and communication strategy
- Provide L3/L4 response to all trouble reports related to the Network Infrastructure
- Perform/coordinate incident diagnosis, corrective action, and root cause analysis
- Oversee the configuration, testing, installation, modification, and servicing of all network communications components (switches, routers, circuits, wireless, VoIP, et
- Independently organize work requests based on departmental priorities and system criticality
- Manage vendor relationships required for the evaluation, installation, modification, upgrade, repair and preventative maintenance of Network Infrastructure components
- Function as a Network Operations Subject Matter Expert (SME) and consultant to other Infrastructure groups (Cloud Operations, Security, etc).
- Plan, lead and perform comprehensive systems analysis and design activities including development of detailed functional requirements for new network infrastructure solutions
- Maintain responsibility for end-user (customer) satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS / Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Information Security, Information Technology, or related technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years Information Technology experience
- Minimum 4 years networking / telecom experience in fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience with multiple network-computing hardware components including routers, switches, firewalls, load-balancers, VPN, etc.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and related networking protocols
- Experience with telephony, desktop operating systems and server environments desirable
- Strong organizational skills and prior experience in a similar role as a Sr. Engineer, Lead or Architect
- Advanced experience in developing, evaluating, and implementing network information security architectures, technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and IT systems
- Experience with the operation of firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and 24x7 monitoring of these networks
- Advanced experience with enterprise and data center security policy design and deployment
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management.
- Skill in preparing and making written and oral presentations of complex technical nature.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- Experience in a lead role on a technical team of at least 4 people
- U.S. Citizen
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Proficient level UNIX computer skills; Basic Scripting: Perl, Python, Shell
- Professional industry certifications in area of expertise.
- Mastery of Traffic Engineering Mechanisms/Techniques and state-of-art applications; BGP, OSPF, Policy Based Routing, L2/L3 VPN, CoS, QoS, F5 LTM, SSL VPNs, GETVPN, Gigamo
- Certification such as CCNP, CCSP, CCDP or CCIE R&S/Security
- Expert with Cisco Line of Products, with focus on N7K/5K & N9K, ASRs, VPC, VRF,
- F5 TMOS operating system (with a focus on Viprion product line and advanced iRule configurations).
- Linux experience with the following platforms: Suse, RedHat or CentOS
- Experience with tools like SolarWinds, Cisco ISE/ACS, MRTG, NetFlow, PuTTy, and Wireshark
- Familiarity with Next Generation firewalls, specifically Palo Alto and Cisco ASAs
- Experience with integration of SEIM tools
- Knowledge of Best Practice and security guides (ex. NIST 800-53 rev 4)