Azzur Group seeks an experienced Human Resources Director to oversee and support the execution of operations for a growing HR/payroll department. The ideal candidate will be capable of evaluating current state, designing and implementing future state, while supporting the rapid growth of the company through accountable HR domain leadership.
The candidate must be an experienced professional with comprehensive knowledge of HR best practices, compliance, and issues – operational and legal – for professional services companies. The candidate must be able to manage multiple programs while managing HR/payroll staff and advising/counseling the executive leadership team.
- Implements and oversees HR strategy by establishing accountability, including talent on-boarding/employment processing, compensation, healthcare and other benefits programs; employee orientation, training and development; performance management; records management; occupational health and safety; employee relations and retention; legal compliance.
- Manages human resources operations; designing and/or implementing standard HR processes (and necessary support systems); resolving inter-and-interdepartmental issues; implementing and managing change.
- Develops HR budget(s) by anticipating needs; supports the alignment of investment to return; develops action plans; measures results; initiates corrective and preventative actions.
- Takes on focused projects through interaction with executive leadership team; advises said team by identifying and clarifying HR-related issues and/or priorities.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by evaluating existing and upcoming legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on any critical needs or actions.
- Motivated & self-directed; open to coaching and taking advantage of professional development/continuing-education opportunities.
- Enhances HR’s relationship with the professional services practices/offices by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities that augment communication, buy-in, and add value to Azzur’s employee experience.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Human Resources Staff Management
- Hiring/Onboarding/Employment Processing
- Developing and Implementing Policy / Procedures / Guidelines
- Document Management/Technology
- Communication/Team-building/Relationship Building
- Budgeting & Spend Reporting
- Process Improvement
- Employee Performance Management/Retention
- Multi year experience working in Professional Services
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong leadership ability
- Effective verbal / written communication
- At least 10 years experience in Human Resources, including prior leadership experience directing an HR department (professional services organization experience is a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of HR/employment-related legislation and regulations
- Experience defining and implementing human resource management best practices
- Capable of collecting and analyzing data critical to the enhancement of the HR offering and/or employee experience
- Attention to detail
- Minimum BA in HR, Business Administration or relevant field of study (MA in HR or Business Administration is a plus)