Our Client is seeking a Sr Information Security Engineer (Threat Intel and Detection) who will be a key member of a consulting team providing advice and support in Rockville, MD, to federal agencies, in the Risk Management areas of Information Security. Should have worked in the federal environment and is highly preferred.
This role will be primarily responsible for developing unique cyber indicators to maintain constant awareness of the status of the operating environment by collecting, processing, analyzing and disseminating cyber threat warning assessments.
- Assist in the coordination, validation, and management of all-source collection requirements, plans, and/or activities; Provide subject matter expertise to the development of cyber operations specific indicators; Maintain a common intelligence picture.
- Brief threat related current situations. Collaborate with intelligence Engineers/targeting organizations involved in related areas. Conduct in-depth research and analysis. Conduct nodal analysis. Develop information requirements necessary for answering priority information requests. Evaluate threat decision-making processes.
- Identify threat tactics, and methodologies. Identify intelligence gaps and shortfalls. Monitor and report changes in threat dispositions, activities, tactics, capabilities, objectives, etc. as related to designated cyber operations warning problem sets.
- Monitor and report on validated threat activities. Monitor open source websites for hostile content directed towards organizational or partner interests.
- Monitor operational environment and report on adversarial activities which fulfill leadership’s priority information requirements.
- Produce timely indications and warnings intelligence products (e.g., threat assessments, briefings, intelligence studies)
- Provide SME and support to planning/developmental forums and working groups as appropriate.
- Provide evaluation and feedback necessary for improving intelligence production, intelligence reporting, collection requirements, and operations.
- Provide information and assessments for the purposes of informing leadership and customers; developing and refining objectives; supporting operation planning and execution; and assessing the effects of operations.
- Provide timely notice of imminent or hostile intentions or activities which may impact organization objectives, resources, or capabilities.
- Report intelligence-derived significant network events and intrusions.
- Work closely with planners, intelligence Engineers, and collection managers to ensure intelligence requirements and collection plans are accurate and up-to-date.
- Conduct digital forensic analysis through email forensics, registry analysis, user forensic analysis, artifact analysis, log analysis, timeline analysis, file system analysis, malware analysis Job Requirements
Minimum 5 years’ experience in at least 3 of the following:
- Coordinating, validating, and\or managing of all-source collection requirements
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities, Log correlation from various sources
- Briefing senior management and security operations center
- Conducting in-depth research and analysis (structured/gap/nodal) on threats and intelligence
- Serving as a technical expert and liaison to explain incident details
- Risk management processes (e.g., methods for assessing, mitigating and accepting risks).
- Cybersecurity principles, security models, organizational requirements (w.r.t. confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation), cyber threats, risks and vulnerabilities, cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts, host/network access control mechanisms (e.g., ACLs), network access, identity, & access management (e.g., PKIs), Computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies.
- Ethical hacking principles, general attack stages; Specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses; programming language structures and logic.
- Basic system administration, network, and operating system hardening techniques
- Able to communicate, verbally and in writing, complex-technical issues with simplicity & clarity
- Able to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in reporting and answering analytical questions using vulnerability data
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science\Security or related discipline (Masters preferred)
- Industry standards such as GCIH or related GIAC (preferred but not required)
- Preferred experience in policy and procedure development, report writing and presentations
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by the company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by the company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)