This role serves as a “hands-on” mid-level security analyst
The Security Analyst will be responsible for interfacing with the appropriate Client teams, such as the build team, program managers, architecture, IT engineering team, to gather and document the security control implementations information for the technical controls and documenting in the SSP. The Security Analyst will be responsible for development of the Paas/Saas security documentations, assisting with the FISMA+ type authorization processes to include prep of the operations team, and documentation summary and update as required.
This role serves as a mid level security analyst who evaluates the control implementation and who can provide thoughtful recommendations. This role must communicate between security, engineering, build, development and operations teams daily, and be able to interpret and document the results of data gathering. Key deliverable s for success will be a complete SSP(s) that accurately depicts the CRE product and environment, ensures that all FedRAMP Moderate baseline security controls are successfully implemented and associated security documentation is developed and implemented.
- Gather information, architecture diagrams and implementation of the security controls through interfacing with the security engineering team
- Develop security documentation such as, but not limited to, SSP, security plans, procedures, and processes
- Understand the intent of the FedRAMP moderate baseline security controls, and communicate as needed
- Assist with the self-attestation authorization to include, but not limited to, prep of operations team through training and mock interviews, update documentation as required, and support customer security requests
- Provide guidance on the implementation of technical security controls
- Ability to interrupt the security controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / MIS / Information Technology, or equivalent experience in Information Security, Information Technology, or related technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years Information Technology experience
- Experience with FedRAMP and/or other authorization processes and risk management framework
- Experience in developing, evaluating, and implementing network information security architectures, technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and IT systems
- Experience in development of security documentation such as SSP, policies, procedures, etc.
- Flexible, self-motivated, and able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the proven ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management.
- Skill in preparing and making written and oral presentations of complex technical nature.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple tasks
- U.S. Citizen
SPECIFIC TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Professional industry certifications in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of Best Practice and security guides (ex. NIST 800-53 rev 4)
- iSC CISSP or ISACA CISM for mid-level Security Analyst