Azavea is looking for a fast-learning and meticulous person to join our team part-time as a Administrative Assistant. This temporary position is anticipated to run through February 2019 and could possibly lead to additional opportunities beyond that time. You will join our team to support bookkeeping, office administration and hiring tasks and to create a positive experience for your colleagues while our Office Manager is away on maternity leave. You have a sharp eye for detail, are a creative problem solver, and strong communicator. You will be working closely with a supportive team, but you should also demonstrate a strong sense of initiative, ownership, and responsibility.
As a B Corporation
, we’re committed to working on projects that have civic, social, and environmental impact. Most of our customers are local governments, non-profit organizations and academic or federal research projects. We build custom web and mobile applications; perform geospatial analysis; and manage several open source civic software projects (DistrictBuilder
). We have particular expertise in climate change, water, land conservation, urban forestry, elections, public safety, and transportation, and we are engaged in a wide range of other interesting projects. You can learn more on what we do and what we’re enthusiastic about at jobs.azavea.com
What you’ll do
You will be part of our Administration team. The position has a range of activities and may include:
- Enter bills
- Enter credit card expenditures
- Bank deposits
- Vacation accrual tracking
- Track metrics and analytics related to sustainability and the company’s operations
- Generate monthly reports
- Generate invoices for product sales
- Track and order the supplies we need to do our work
- Ensure that the office is organized and stocked with supplies, healthy snacks and coffee
Hiring and HR
- Post job openings
- Schedule interviews and organize travel arrangements
- Create interview packets for hiring teams
- Create onboarding material for new hires
- Maintain personnel database
- Assist with company and community events such as brown bag lunches, social events, advisory board, hackathons, and technology meetups
You should have
- Meticulous nature with great attention to detail
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Internally motivation and a strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Familiarity with basic business applications: email, MS Word, Excel, the web, etc.
- An interest in technology
You get extra points for
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar bookkeeping system
- Interest in geography, maps, data and visualization
What you can expect
Our Philadelphia office is located in a brightly lit office on the 5th floor of a converted factory building in the Callowhill neighborhood, a short walk from Center City, the Reading Terminal Market and SEPTA subway and regional rail stations. For bicyclists, we have in-house bike parking, showers and lockers. It’s an open office plan with lots of smaller rooms for team meetings, private space and concentration time.
The position will be paid on an hourly basis with benefits that include reimbursement for public transit and bicycle expenses, a 401(k) retirement plan contribution eligibility, paid sick time, and flexible hours.
We welcome qualified candidates from all walks of life and value diversity in our company, and we prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, military service, disability unrelated to job requirements, marital status, or domestic partner status.