AxleHire Inc is a fast growing National logistics startup based in the Bay Area. We handle all things logistics. From line-hauling and warehousing, to sortation and last mile deliveries. At the heart of our service lies our proprietary software, which allows us to provide the most cost-effective shipping solutions to companies ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 clients.
And that’s just what we’re doing today! We have our sights firmly on the future of logistics and have projects in the works that will shake up an industry stuck in the past.
Quick on your feet, problem solver, can lead and motivate groups and individuals. You’re firm but fair, tech savvy, and data driven. You can adapt and react in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You know the difference between short term fixes and long term solutions.
What You’ll Do As a General Manager
- Lead the entire delivery and warehouse operations from the ground up to ensure that customers receive the highest level of delivery service and product quality.
- Manage a first rate team focused on providing quality delivery service, customer support, and successfully resolving any issues that may arise.
- Leverage the AxleHire Delivery Platform to ensure the systematic utilization of resources within your market to meet and exceed area KPI’s.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee current delivered sales of $12-15 million and rapid business growth
- Actively involved in administering ongoing process improvements and adapting short term objectives to meet current market demands that align with long term goals and AxleHire vision.
- Ensure staffing/scheduling needs are met in order to provide a high rate of successful on-time deliveries by coordinating with recruiting team, using your market specific data to guide recommendations.
- Communicate with upper management and offer suggestions to achieve goals and overcome obstacles.
- Oversee Area Coordinators and client account management as it pertains to your area market.
- Coordinate with our dispatch and client success teams to resolve customer delivery issues with long term success and sustainability at the forefront of recommendations.
- Manage P&L for your Area to guide decision making, verify best practices, and provide strategic insights and action plans to upper management to improve KPI’s.
What You’ll need
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3+years of successful management experience in operations or logistics, with particular interest in last mile delivery or warehouse/distribution.
- Ability to identify issues and execute timely and thorough resolutions
- Proven record in managing, motivating, and developing direct reports while being an effective communicator in all situations.
- Able to delegate effectively
- Background in building and managing strategic-business, client, and end user relationships.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets, inventory management, delivery logistics, and people operations.
- Google sheets/Excel and Gsuite experience
- Must be available to work nights and weekends and work more than 40 hours per week; and lift and or move up to 30 pounds
- Must currently reside in the greater Los Angeles/Orange County area and be willing to work from our La Mirada warehouse regularly.
- Three professional references
- Quantitative by nature and obsessed with process improvement
- Routing technology/software experience
- Startup experience
- Familiarity with ridesharing and delivery platforms