As a Marketing Designer at Awesome Motive, you're responsible for designing conversion optimized templates, landing pages, micro-sites, and other online marketing campaign materials, so we can rapidly scale our platform.
- REQUIRED: Minimum 5+ years experience as a Marketing Designer or similar role.
- REQUIRED: Absolute proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and standard design software.
- Excellent persuasive design skills and professional design aesthetic.
- Ability to hand-code standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of web design and typography trends, browser compatibility issues, web design constraints, and email deliverability.
- Fastidious in your attention to small details.
- Talent to generate creative ideas in a highly interactive environment.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and timelines.
- Excel in a team environment and be able to communicate clearly with your peers.
To love working with us, here are the values you share:
- You put people first, always.
- You fight for the user’s success.
- You do the right thing every time.
- You commit to excellence by paying attention to details.
- You labor for simplicity.
To love this role, here's the type of person you are:
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Learn our products to understand their purpose and drive your approach in design decisions.
- Listen to conceptual discussions of design needs, review wireframe mockups and quickly produce design alternatives to review.
- Make requested adjustments to design drafts without expressing frustration or irritation with the iteration process.
- Effectively listen for intent so that you "hear" not just the words used but the deeper root desire or aim.
- Successfully manage assigned projects on time, with minimal oversight.
- Proactively provide creative input in non-design-specific discussions that lead to a higher quality finished product or better business vision/idea.
- Proactively communicate so effectively that other involved team members and/or partners never wonder what the status is on your activities.
- Engage comfortably with others at all levels, from C-level executives to non-management, etc.
This is not an exhaustive list of role responsibilities. This outline indicates the major responsibilities of this role on a regular basis.
Key Performance Indicators
- The number of projects or tasks behind schedule.
- Quality of designs as graded by your supervisor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Awesome Motive, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Awesome Motive believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
HOW TO APPLY
Use the form below.
When submitting your application, please include your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself and answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you feel you can bring to this role?
- What experience do you have working remote?
- Are you available to work US business hours (9am-5pm EST) exclusively? If not, please include the specific time zone you are available or prefer to work in.
- Which specific examples in your portfolio do you feel are the most relevant examples of your skill in marketing design?
We review ALL applications personally. For those applicants we feel are a good fit for the role on review of their resume and cover letter, a brief design challenge may be requested or alternatively, an interview scheduled to demonstrate your approach to design with one of our senior marketing designers. During all stages of the interview process, questions are welcome and encouraged.