As a Senior PHP Developer, you're responsible for Making Stuff Go. You will build infrastructure to create new products, improve existing features, squash bugs, and help us rapidly scale our platform.
The annual salary range for this position is $45,000 - $70,000 USD.
- REQUIRED: 5 years' minimum, 10+ years preferred, experience with WordPress development in the same or a similar role.
- Previous experience working on projects on a massive scale.
- Experience using version control in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS, MySQL database programming, and SAAS platforms.
- Familiar with responsive design principles.
- Deep understanding of WordPress plugin architecture and engineering.
- Familiar with API Integrations like MailChimp, AWeber, Zapier, etc.
- The ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities.
- Must be comfortable with customer-facing roles including support and documentation.
To love working with us, here are the values you share:
- You put people first, always.
- You fight for the user’s success.
- You do the right thing every time.
- You commit to excellence by paying attention to details.
- You labor for simplicity.
To love this role, here's the type of person you are:
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You're analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail.
- You're passionate about development, with a general thirst for knowledge and a significant interest in new technology.
- You have a passion for excellence.
- You're proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're able to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- You're good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a general hunger for learning.
- You're credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication skills who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You're innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem-solving.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Review current code, systems, and practices, and iteratively improve their quality and efficiency.
- Work closely with support technicians, marketers, and designers.
- Produce detailed specifications and pitches for future developments.
- Develop new features, fix bugs, and iteratively optimize performance and quality of code.
- Test the product in real-life situations before release.
- Prepare internal documentation for Development team and support technicians.
- Assist customers in resolving highly technical issues.
This is not an exhaustive list of role responsibilities. This outline indicates the major responsibilities of this role on a regular basis.
Key Performance Indicators
- The number of release deadlines met per quarter.
- Quality of pitches as graded by supervisor.
- Quality of code as graded by supervisor.
- Support: response time and happiness score (rating from the customer).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Awesome Motive, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Awesome Motive believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
HOW TO APPLY
Use the form below.
When submitting your application, please include your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself and answering the following questions:
- What qualities do you feel you can bring to this role?
- What experience do you have working remote?
- Are you available to work US business hours (9am-5pm EST) exclusively? If not, please include the specific time zone you are available or prefer to work in.
- Do you have any open-source examples of your work you can share with us? If yes, please include link(s).
We review ALL applications personally. For those applicants we feel are a good fit for the role on review of their resume and cover letter, a brief coding challenge may be requested or alternatively, an interview scheduled to pair program with one of our senior developers. During all stages of the interview process, questions are welcome and encouraged.