As DevOps Engineer at Awesome Motive, you're responsible for the design and implementation of applications’ build, release, deployment, and configuration activities. You'll work with the Development Team to gather requirements, prototyping, architecting, implementing/updating solutions, building and executing test plans, performing quality reviews, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
Key Performance Indicators
- Deployment frequency.
- Performance of applications (consistent average response time) and APIs.
- Monitoring notifications of critical applications.
- How quickly service can be restored after a failed deployment.
- REQUIRED: Experience working as a Senior DevOps Engineer or minimum 5+ years experience in a similar role at a DataCenter or high traffic apps like Shopify, Wix, etc.
- REQUIRED: Expert knowledge and understanding of AWS, including AWS Certification.
- REQUIRED: Strong Linux, Ubuntu, and NGINX skills.
- REQUIRED: Strong experience with PHP (Laravel a plus), SQL, and MySQL.
- Experience with high-availability, clustered setups.
- Expert knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Able to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services.
- Able to iterate and ship ideas quickly.
- Result-oriented and OCD in your attention to small details.
- Passionate about the improvement of the user experience.
- Critical and strategic thinker, be highly organized, have an ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment, and demonstrate calmness and composure in times of uncertainty and stress.
- Excel in a team environment and have exceptional communication skills, both in written and in verbal form.
- A people person who is able to make meaningful and long-lasting connections with others. Must be likable, relatable, and approachable, inspiring trust and confidence in others.
To love this role, here's the type of person you are:
- You're a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
- You're an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You have the curiosity and desire to learn and grow your skills.
- You're passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- Lead planning, provide technical guidance and execute complex projects that require multiple areas of expertise.
- Assess project needs using a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes).
- Analyze project operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvement.
- Lead project teams in developing / building IT solutions to meet business requirements, install and configure those solutions.
- Develop custom integration solutions including major enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features.
- Create test plans and execute testing efforts across the life cycle.
- Collaborate with the Project Manager to prioritize development of capabilities.
- Proactively communicate so effectively that other involved team members and/or partners never wonder what the status is on your activities.
- Engage comfortably with others at all levels, from C-level executives to non-management, etc.
This is not an exhaustive list of role responsibilities. This outline indicates the major responsibilities of this role on a regular basis.