Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com
) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a large customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and
produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, military, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
Are you an engineer or scientist with excellent optical design and breadboarding skills who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting-edge optical technology from concept through production for industry leading customers? If yes, please apply.
This is an ideal opportunity to share your creativity and grow your skills through the design and development of a very large variety of opto-electronic products. Given our business model, your exposure to exciting technology is unlimited.
The successful candidate must keep multiple records, be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership of projects. If you are a technically strong, organized, confident, experienced, energetic multi-tasker with conceptual thinking skills, then you will find a rewarding and satisfying home with Avo Photonics. This position will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Create physical optic models of component/system designs and derive tolerances
- Produce optical breadboards and present technical data to customers.
- Support the production of prototypes and initial volume production work instructions
- Assist in optical component sourcing
- Prepare and present technical status reviews
- M.S. (Ph.D. preferred) in Optical Science/Engineering, Chemistry, or Physics
- Capable of basic optical physics hand-calculations and experience with ASAP, GLAD, Zemax, or other optical modeling software
- Fluent in the production of optical breadboards using standard components
- Understanding of optical component assembly / packaging processes desired
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- US citizen or permanent resident