Avo Photonics (www.avophotonics.com) is a dynamic contract engineering services company that designs, develops and manufactures custom opto-electronic products for a large customer base. Members of our staff have the opportunity to design, prototype, and produce next generation products for a diverse range of markets including environmental, medical, industrial, aerospace, and communications.
We seek a diligent, dedicated and meticulous person who will help to further our success and reputation in the industry through world-class customer service. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, maintain a professional presence, and have the desire to take ownership of projects.
Are you a skilled Technician who likes a challenge and wants to work on cutting edge technology for industry leading customers? If you are, and if you have experience with testing and assembling complex electronic components, optical components and/or systems, then we want to talk with you!
• Follow defined processes and procedures to assemble and test opto-electronic components and systems.
• Operate automated assembly and test equipment in the production of high precision optics modules.
• Have clear focus on meeting throughput goals in volume production, while maintaining high quality standards.
• Two-year Associate's degree in a technical field is preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience in an Electronics Technician, Test Technician, Fiber-optics Technician or Opto-Electronics Test Technician role.
• Fundamental understanding of basic electronics and instruments.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow defined processes and procedures.
• High aptitude to learn.
• Strong verbal and written understanding of English.
• Must be dependable and have a strong work ethic to join Avo Photonic's growing team.
• US citizen or permanent resident.