Do you want to work with amazing fashion, lifestyle and luxury brands? Do you want to collaborate with a fast-growing team to create stunning e-commerce websites? Let’s talk!
Avex is a New York City based digital creative agency that creates stylish, high-performing Shopify websites for global brands and start-ups. As one of New York’s premier e-commerce agencies, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Undefeated, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Nutrex Hawaii, Badgley Mishka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We are a small team and we only take on select projects in-order to bring as much value to our clients as possible. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is growing rapidly and we are looking to further build the team.
Avex hires people who are looking to contribute to a growing team. We believe strongly in investing in our employees and providing a mutually beneficial and fun work experience. You should have an entrepreneurial mindset, a competitive nature and the desire to see our team (and clients) succeed.
Who we're looking for:
We seek a talented and creative team leader, who is passionate about e-commerce and design principles, to help us build stunning e-commerce experiences and lead our creative department.
The ideal candidate should have a strong knowledge of visual design, interaction design, user-centric experience design, and the creative web design process. As well as, strong leadership skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Take complete ownership over all design and branding aspects of internal and client projects.
- Oversee strategy and creative solutions for several projects
- Create stunning designs and oversee process from planning to launch.
- Promote creative improvement and contribute to a culture of innovation.
- Give creative direction to designers, developers, producers and content creators.
- In collaboration with founder, act as manager for all creatives within the group.
- Conduct meetings with creatives and developers to advise, understand challenges and help solve problems.
- Work directly with founder to strategize creative solutions.
- Participate in new business development efforts.
- Inspire and motivate creative team.
- Articulate and defend creative solutions to clients.
- Present creative to both internal and client teams.
- Contribute to building internal creative processes
- 5+ years in a creative role. Leadership experience preferred.
- Stunning portfolio of design work.
- Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud and other modern design software experience.
- Experience working in a digital agency environment.
- Strong knowledge of the creative process, UI design, visual design and interaction design.
- Understand project scope and how creative decisions will impact development, timeline and budgets.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the web design process and the ability to oversee projects from concept to implementation.
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate solutions to internal teams and clients.
- Highly motivated and ability adapt to changing priorities and tight timelines.
- Ability to prioritize resources and work with creative and development teams to bring projects to launch.
- Interest in new platforms, design trends and technologies.
Additional Skills (not mandatory, but a huge plus!)
- E-commerce and/or Fashion experience
- Basic Shopify knowledge
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS
- Salary based on experience
- Paid days off. No sick day limit. Paid holidays
- Career development opportunities (workshops, classes, mentorship)
- Team lunches / dinners
- Atena Healthcare
- Fun and collaborative office environment in lower Manhattan.
- Access to WeWork community and benefits
- Discounted spa & gym membership (RISE by We, located in the building)
- Free beer, coffee, tea, flavored water
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.