Avex is a New York City based creative, marketing and e-commerce development agency. As NYC's premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Undefeated, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Starter, O'neill, Reem Acra, 88Rising, Badgley Mischka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We're a small, but growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists, located in NYC. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team.
Ok, we'll stop bragging...Let's talk about you!
Who we're looking for:
We seek a talented and detailed oriented front-end developer, who is passionate about creating best-in-class e-commerce websites for extraordinary brands. The ideal candidate should be excited about developing, testing and launching beautiful experiences on Shopify as well as other platforms.
About this position:
As a front-end developer you will work with a multidisciplinary team of designers, stategists and project managers, to create stunning e-commerce websites.
You’ll be developing e-commerce websites for global brands, SMBs and growing DTC brands on Shopify Plus and other platforms. You will take complete ownership over the development process, helping to optimize and improve our systems and process, while partnering with team members to deliver amazing solutions for our clients.
The position will also involve scoping development projects for new and current clients. You will be responsible for testing functionalities that improve conversion rates for retainer based clients as well as new long-term projects.
- You have a passion for technology, e-commerce and delivering best-in-class solutions.
- You take pride in your craft and are a strategic problem solver.
- You're willing to take on challenges and learn new skills.
- You're a master at searching Google and Stackoverflow for answers to complex functionalities.
- You want to work for a growing agency that is at the forefront of e-commerce development.
- You're a team player who wants to grow with our agency.
- You're up-to-date with trends in e-com and development.
- You don't just implement. You question and present the BEST solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of modern HTML, JS and CSS (SCSS)
- Ability to convert Sketch files into fully responsive websites
- Best practices in web development
- Knowledge of optimization for SEO & Page Speed
- Version control and Git flows
- Experience with cross browser and device testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with third-party APIs
- Knowledge of various JS libraries
Non-mandatory skills: (but would be awesome...)
- Shopify / Liquid
- Contentful (or similar headless CMS')
- Grunt, JSON, Gulp
- Agency experience
- $60,000-$90,000 (based on experience)
- 20 paid days off. No sick day limit. Paid holidays.
- Healthcare Plans
- Career building opportunities
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
- Ability to grow your portfolio by working with both global brands and growing new businesses in various industries.
- Fun and collaborative office environment in lower Manhattan.
- Team drinks, lunches and dinners
- Access to WeWork community and benefits
- Discounted spa & gym membership (RISE by We, located in the building)
- Free beer, coffee, tea, flavored water
Please apply by sending your resume, portfolio link (preferably links to e-commerce websites) and a little about yourself. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.