Avex is a New York City based creative, marketing and e-commerce development agency. As NYC's premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Undefeated, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Starter, O'neill, Reem Acra, 88Rising, Badgley Mischka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We're a small, but growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists, located in NYC. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team.
Ok, we'll stop bragging...Let's talk about you!
Who are we looking for?
We seek a talented and detailed oriented front-end development intern, who is passionate about e-commerce, to help us build e-commerce websites on the Shopify platform. The ideal candidate should be excited about creating and learning about, best-in-class front-end experiences for brands in various industries.
- Ability to convert Sketch files into fully responsive front-end websites
- Ability to solve problems with creative solutions
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS.
- Pay close attention to the quality of work and minor details
- Ability to communicate with non-technical co-workers
- Care deeply about best practices, standards and performance.
- Understanding of how e-commerce websites should work
What will the job entail?
- Developing high-performing Shopify & Shopify Plus stores for various brands in fashion, lifestyle, luxury and premium products.
- Working closely with the founder, project manager, designers and other developers, to provide the best possible solutions for our clients.
- Version Control
Additional Skills (not mandatory, but a huge plus!)
- jQuery, Grunt, JSON, Gulp
- Experience with Liquid
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with WordPress
- Paid Internship
- Ability to grow your portfolio by working with both global brands and growing new businesses in various industries.
- Fun and collaborative office environment in lower Manhattan.
- Access to WeWork community and benefits
- Discounted spa & gym membership (RISE by We, located in the building)
- Free beer (21+), coffee, tea, flavored water
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
Please apply by sending your resume, portfolio link (preferably links to e-commerce websites) and a little about yourself. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.