Avex is a New York City based creative, marketing and e-commerce development agency. As NYC's premier Shopify Plus agency, Avex partners with brands such as: KITH, Undefeated, Pony Sneakers, Marchesa, Starter, O'neill, Reem Acra, 88Rising, Badgley Mischka, Rocawear, Shutterstock, Eugenia Kim and many others.
We're a small, but growing team of award-winning designers, developers, marketers and e-com strategists, located in NYC. We love trying new ideas and pushing the boundaries of development, design and e-commerce. Our company is expanding rapidly and we are looking to further build out our team.
Ok, we'll stop bragging...Let's talk about you!
About this role:
This is a new role to oversee our business development and sales. The position will require lead nurturing, lead generation, prospecting, sales, proposals and helping to generate new business. You will work directly with our founder to strategize and execute.
What will the job entail?
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Generate new business leads for Avex's services.
- Strategize with marketing team to brainstorm ideas for lead generation
- Support RFP responses and proposals
- Work founder and strategists to scope qualified opportunities.
- Develop strong lead pipeline and build relationships with people.
- Attend conferences & events as a representative of Avex
- Utilize lead generation tools to prospect leads
- Use LinkedIn for lead generation and outreach
- Assist in creation of Proposals for qualified prospects
- Pitch and secure orders from existing and prospective customers
- Work with current clients to increase customer lifetime value
- Monitor and follow up on opportunities
- Delivering ideas and final proposals to clients for review
Who we are looking for:
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Passion for e-commerce, creative and technology
- Have excellent interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Have a high-level understanding of e-commerce platforms and solutions
- Experience with SaaS, marketing or e-commerce sales
- Problem solver and creative thinker
- Experience with requirements gathering, proposals and pitching new business
- Inbound and outbound sales experience
- Experience with Hubspot CRM or similar
- Agency experience (huge plus)
- Shopify / Magento / Big Commerce / Wordpress experience (huge plus)
- 3+ years of experience working in sales for technology.
- Proposal writing and pitching.
- CRM tools and lead generation tactics
- Salary: base + commission
- Atena Healthcare, Commuter benefits
- 20 paid days off. No sick day limit. Paid holidays
- Fun and collaborative office environment in lower Manhattan.
- Access to WeWork community and benefits
- Discounted spa & gym membership (RISE by We, located in the building)
- Free beer, coffee, tea, flavored water
- Grow with a small team and take ownership over this role.
Please apply by sending your resume and a little about yourself. We’d love to talk!
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.