From its founding in 2007, Avertra has been a global technology development and consulting company, servicing the USA, the Americas and several countries throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Our services are a result of over 20 years of industry experience through gas, water, and electric utilities throughout the world. By combining innovative minds with technology, we are providing our clients with solutions that improve ROI, increase revenue, and successfully meet clients’ unique business needs and goals.
Avertra provides insight, support and expertise to propel your business forward. We also offer our clients global project support with consistent levels of service.
Our teams deliver solutions that improve the daily operations of any SAP customer and generate unparalleled insight to corporate goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main Objective of the
The QA Engineer responsibilities include evaluating mobile and web applications and back-end systems to review functionality and identify defects or potential design flaws. The individual analyses products and specifications, develops, writes, and executes tests (manually or with tools), and assists Developers to isolate and determine the source of defects.
Main Job Responsibilities
- Perform manual testing, which may include exploratory, system, regression, compatibility, or integration testing for client facing products or back-end systems.
- Work on small projects or individual tasks with guidance from more senior Software Testers.
- Write, execute, and maintain test cases.
- Document and evaluate test results and defects, track and manage defects and work with the Development team and business to troubleshoot issues and evaluate fixes.
- Work closely with developers and product owners to understand the systems being tested.
- Prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Compile test results for communication to developers and product owner
- Should take Mendix training and certificate. plus, to be willing to work with it to perform audits.
- Communication for Results
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to work with people in remote sites or different time zones
- Time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem Solver type
- Innovative and enjoy learning new technologies
- Willing to work in a fast-passed environment
- English Language – Advanced Level
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 0-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various departments at multiple levels.
- Basic SQL knowledge for testing backend data.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, or another iterative development methodology.
- Experience validating high traffic consumer facing applications.
- Experience configuring and using testing tools and systems.
- Ability to understand technical specifications.
- Exceptional organizational skills and initiative. Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks and objectives, meet timelines, and provide updates
- Knowledge in Performance Testing
- Knowledge in Mendix
- Quality Assurance related certifications