Senior DevOps Engineer - Amman, Jordan
Avertra is a global integration service, product development, and consultancy organization focused on the energy and utility industry. We attract and hire the industry’s most innovative and experienced problem solvers, each dedicated to our mission of helping our clients realize the full value of their investments in IT and in Avertra.
Avertra’s industry-leading process knowledge and technology expertise combined with influences from consumer-centric industries have resulted in the genesis of our innovative User Xperience Unification (UXU) framework, which is available throughout our MiUtility platform of solutions for:
-Call center optimization
-Omni-channel customer engagement
-Mobile workforce management
And much more!!
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for working alongside and supporting development engineers to build and maintain Avertra solutions and customer products (websites/ apps) and supporting infrastructure.
- Support critical infrastructure for Avertra solution portfolio in:
o Cloud architecture (Azure, Softlayer, Rackspace, AWS)
o IaaS datacenter architecture
o On-Premise architecture
- Administer Windows (XP, 7, Server 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2), Linux, Unix AIX, HP-UX operating systems on-premise and via Cloud (Rackspace, AWS, Azure)
- Install and administer databases (MSSQL 2005/2008, R2,2010,2012, Oracle), and virtual machines using MS Virtual PC, VMware, and Microsoft Hyper V)
- Responsible for operational tasks of production and development servers including developing and validating compliance with procedures and checklists related to disk space usage, monitoring solutions, deployment, conventions, access to the production and development sources, source control access and usage, performance monitoring, code modifications validation, and scheduling
- Install, configure, and administer Visual Studio Online and Team Foundation Server (2008/2010/2012)
- Participate in system deployment and integration, ongoing data validation and monitoring processes, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and support.
- Create and run automated deployment/build utilization tools such as VSO Build, Octopus, Deploy, SonarQube, zXUnix
- Manage branching, merging and other source control tasks
- Write high-quality code/scripts to help with DevOps automation in languages such as Bash / Python / Perl
- Provide technology leadership for infrastructure, scalability, and performance
- Improve automated deployments, monitoring, management, and incident response.
- Release and change management, and incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective
- Implement and support Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Troubleshoot network and application issues, and participate in root cause analysis including identification, documentation, resolution, and prevention
- Execute runbooks and operational documentation, following ITIL practices and implementing continuously growing levels of automation
- Ability to seamlessly incorporate compliance controls and security frameworks into the system Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoots and resolves delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated with the product development and operations initiatives
- Assist and support other team members on multiple projects
- Accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures
- Analyze performance and monitoring metrics in tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Solarwinds, Zabbix, and provide rapid feedback to development and operations team
- Comfortable in a Continuous Build and Continuous Integration and Deployment environment
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment concepts and tools, such as Octopus, Jenkins, Microsoft TFS, etc
- Experience with Windows Server 2016, SonarQube, Containers in Windows Server 2016, Hyper-V Containers in Window Server 2016, Bash in Windows
- Strong experience in programmatically configuring Linux or Windows servers and services for cloud and on-premise based deployments.
- 3+ years of experience developing with the Microsoft technology stack – TFS, Visual Studio, .Net, SQL, IIS, etc.
- Knowledge of Risk Controls framework, and Audit procedures (27000/1/2, NIST 800-53/171, SOC2, DFARS etc.).
- Strong written/verbal communication and project management skills
- Extensive troubleshooting and problem-solving skill
- Reliable and organized work process with strong attention to detail
- Ability to create detailed process and instruction documents for end users within and outside of the company
- Ability to serve as a mentor and role model for junior positions
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science or other related engineering fields
- At least 7+ of experience in the same field
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Arch Principles of Design
- Networks & Data Centers
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- System Performance
- Security & Compliance
- Project & Program Management Methodologies
- Business Operations & Processes
- Migration Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Incident & Change Management