Product Owner - Amman, Jordan
Avertra is a global integration service, product development, and consultancy organization focused on the energy and utility industry. We attract and hire the industry’s most innovative and experienced problem solvers, each dedicated to our mission of helping our clients realize the full value of their investments in IT and in Avertra.
Avertra’s industry-leading process knowledge and technology expertise combined with influences from consumer-centric industries have resulted in the genesis of our innovative User Xperience Unification (UXU) framework, which is available throughout our MiUtility platform of solutions for:
-Call center optimization
-Omni-channel customer engagement
-Mobile workforce management
And much more!!
Product Owner is responsible for understanding the goals and requirements of a business area, relating these objectives to the capabilities possible through the product, and guiding the specification, design and development of technology solutions to produce positive business results in the form of product(s).
Product Owner is responsible for understanding the goals and requirements of a
business area, relating these objectives to the capabilities possible through the
product, and guiding the specification, design and development of technology
solutions to produce positive business results in the form of product(s).
Main Job Responsibilities
● Advise and consult with cross-functional and cross-business unit stakeholders
in support of development initiatives that span the end-to-end value chain
● Establish product requirements: Collect, clarify and translate specific business
requirements into documentation and conceptual designs from which
technology applications and solutions can be developed
● Represent the business need for new and modified systems: Provide business
input throughout a project, from initial stages to the implementation of the
● Communicate with stakeholders: Act as a connection point between
technology specialists and business end users to facilitate the design and
modification of systems to realize business strategies
● Train other teams on the core product value proposition and the problems the
● Create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog; lead backlog grooming to
decompose and estimate stories
● Create detailed, actionable user stories for the development team; answer
developers’ questions as the customer/user representative
● Write acceptance criteria; accept the finished user stories to make sure the
work meets the criteria
● Attend scrum meetings including stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
● Create mock-ups and work with UX on design
● Demonstrate the latest iterations to customers (pre-release) and gather
● Document new features for implementations and release notes.
● contribute to the development of marketing, communications and training in
support of the prioritized programs
● Provide implementation support to cross-functional teams
● Lead and champion initiatives across stakeholder groups
● Participate in exploratory discussions regarding desired business operations
● Review and analyze current IT systems, documentation and work process
requirements to identify system capability gaps.
● Document current – and future – business/system/data flows.
Development & Testing:
● Work with the development team in an advisory capacity to produce new
● Work with the testing team to develop relevant test scenarios and testing
Implementation, Maintenance & Monitoring:
● Facilitate implementation or roll-out of new functionality (e.g. assist with the
design, development and sometimes delivery of training for end users).
● Plan and develop strategies to convert data from the current system to the
new structure, if required.
Process Review & Enhancement:
● Perform continuous reviews of a process or system to align processes with
changing business conditions and new products and service offerings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
● Highly detail-oriented by nature
● Strong relationship management skills
● Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects
Education Undergraduate University Degree in the fields of Computer science, technology,
business, management information systems, economics, engineering
2+ years in related field