From its founding in 2007, Avertra has been a global technology development and consulting company, servicing the USA, the Americas and several countries throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Our services are a result of over 20 years of industry experience through gas, water, and electric utilities throughout the world. By combining innovative minds with technology, we are providing our clients with solutions that improve ROI, increase revenue, and successfully meet clients’ unique business needs and goals.
Avertra provides insight, support and expertise to propel your business forward. We also offer our clients global project support with consistent levels of service.
Main Objective of the Position
The Database Administrator is responsible for full life cycle support of client and internal database(s). This position is expected to design, develop, enhance and monitor all production and test databases that exist within the technical architecture.
Main Job Responsibilities
Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all Avertra databases.
- Develop methods for monitoring and estimating database capacity and usage.
- Provide logical and physical replication support
- Responsible for developing, tuning and troubleshooting data migration service
- Track, fulfill requests and resolve database related incidents daily to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved
- Work with data engineers to develop data-centric solutions, provide development support such as query tuning, SQL development, environment setup, and debugging
- Configure relevant network components to ensure database access as well as database consistency and integrity
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any needed downtime
- Implement and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances, and the migration from one environment to another
- Responsible for developer SQL code review to ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production release
- Responsible for regular backups and recovery of databases
- Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (i.e. reindexing, archiving)
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance
- Participate in a 24×7 support rotation
- Support complex web-based applications
- Experience in database Administration for MSSQL Server and SAP
- Knowledge of Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with taking backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience Implementing operational automation using scripts
- Experience with windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
- Microsoft Technology training including SQL, Azure, and other technology modules
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server or SAP
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Arch Principles of Design
- Networks & Data Centers
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Database Performance
- Security & Compliance
- Project & Program Management Methodologies
- Business Operations & Processes
- Migration Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Incident & Change Management