From its founding in 2007, Avertra has been a global technology development and consulting company, servicing the USA, the Americas and several countries throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Our services are a result of over 20 years of industry experience through gas, water, and electric utilities throughout the world. By combining innovative minds with technology, we are providing our clients with solutions that improve ROI, increase revenue, and successfully meet clients’ unique business needs and goals.
Avertra provides insight, support and expertise to propel your business forward. We also offer our clients global project support with consistent levels of service.
Our teams deliver solutions that improve the daily operations of any SAP customer and generate unparalleled insight to corporate goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Main Job Responsibilities
- Provide internal consulting services to support the growth and sustainment of the SAP Industry Solution Utility (ISU), Device Management (DM) module as it pertains to meter reading, billing and field services.
- Work as a team member of the Customer Service Systems Department to provide support of Customer Service business unit processes and related information technologies which includes SAP ISU, SAP CRB and BW/BOBJ.
- Responsible for providing Device Management sustainment and enhancement services to Customer Service and other associated business units.
- Work with the end-user business units to maintain a high level of awareness of their business strategies, and drive solution delivery to contribute to the success of these strategies and to continuously improve the efficiency and outcomes of their processes.
- Work with internal and external resources to identify, develop and recommend alternative solutions to problems identified by users.
- Quickly and effectively implement solutions, ensuring solutions are thoroughly tested and documented before promoting to the Production environment.
- Conduct technical research and work with internal and external resources to resolve complex technical issues.
- Implement the changes required to ISU-DM, integrated systems or to the business processes, to support approved enhancements and projects.
- Support the planning and direction of unit and integration testing to ensure new functionality works as expected and that existing processes that may be affected continue to perform as before.
- Develop the knowledge and skill set of Business Owners and key users by providing knowledge transfer and training.
- Work with Business Managers to address requirements for end-user training, such as training design, training material and course content.
- Provide technical leadership ensuring that the company extracts maximum value from ISU-DM modules, integrated processes and other Customer Service business unit information technology platforms.
- Give direction and provide supervision to direct reports and external resources, as well as, lead cross functional teams to resolve technical problems, implement enhancements and evaluate opportunities.
- Communicate to Delivery or Process Managers any constraints such as timing and budget that will impact the scope of the release, as well as prioritizing activities across all the business units that rely on ISU Device Management functionality.
- Work with new implementation projects to seamlessly integrate the new functionality into the existing design of processes, business rules and configuration.
- Experience in deploying and leading teams in the deployment of the SAP IS-U Device Management module in electric, gas, water and combined utilities.
- Solution design for business process scope including meter shop (inventory, testing, inspections), routes and consumption reads, read uploads to Billing, integration to back end work management for work assignment(s).
- In depth knowledge of the Technical Master Data model and DM configuration in supporting design / build activities with integration to Billing master data.
- Extensive experience in integrated and parallel testing planning and execution for batch job processing and exceptions.
- Hands on experience of working on business process definition, Functional Specification, Unit / Integration/ Performance testing etc
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In depth knowledge of SAP ISU Device Management functionality like Device Master data, Device Installation structure, Meter Reading Validation, Estimation, Schedule Master Data etc.
- Knowledge of Business Processes for Meter to Cash, New Connection, Meter Installation, Exchange, Removal.
- Good Knowledge of Integration of Device Management with Billing & Invoicing.
- Good understanding of IDEX functionality and its integration.
- Exposure and understanding of the De-regulated market and related processes.
- Possess strong communication skills for interaction with different stakeholders technical and Non-technical.