Mendix Developer - Amman, Jordan
From its founding in 2007, Avertra has been a global technology development and consulting company, servicing the USA, the Americas, and several countries throughout Asia and the Middle East.
Our services are a result of over 20 years of industry experience through gas, water, and electric utilities throughout the world. By combining innovative minds with technology, we are providing our clients with solutions that improve ROI, increase revenue, and successfully meet clients’ unique business needs and goals.
Avertra provides insight, support, and expertise to propel your business forward. We also offer our clients global project support with consistent levels of service.
Our teams deliver solutions that improve the daily operations of any SAP customer and generate unparalleled insight into corporate goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Develop and implement new software programs with Mendix
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software data models
- Develop user-friendly and modern style UI
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Mentor junior developer
- Possibly manage small development team
- Ability to follow Avertra development methodology (including Naming Conventions, development Best Practices, Documentation, Unit Tests)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into development tasks
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to work collaboratively in a creative Agile environment
- Ability to communicate clearly in oral and written English
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, issue resolution and communication skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have extensive experience with Mendix and other programming languages like Java or .NET
- Must have passed or willing to take the Mendix Rapid Developer certification
- Must have working experience with building APIs and Services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Must have working experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
- Devotion to continuing education on an annual basis
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to details
- Mendix Advanced developer certification
- CSS3 experience
- Java experience
- Sparks EA experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology
- At least 3 years of experience in the same field