Avenue Code is an eCommerce consulting firm headquartered in San Francisco, with two additional office locations in Brazil. We are privately funded, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners and our people. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warmth and professionalism of our staff.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for Java Developers to join our eCommerce team. The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on core Java and Java Web programming skills, excellent problem solving and design skills and ability to work collaboratively within different teams.
The candidate should also demonstrate a history of on time delivery, excellent communication, and a positive get-it-done attitude. Retail domain expertise and experience working in Agile driven development projects is a plus.
- Works collaboratively with technical and business team members to develop and maintain business solutions following Agile development principles and practices
- Is influential and engages actively in building out a dynamic and productive development organization and continuously improving practices and methodology
- Designs and develops applications with an eye towards simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use
- Sets and adheres to software coding and style guides to ensure consistency
- Participates in pairing and code reviews
- Support (2nd level) and troubleshoot problems with existing applications
- Mentors and guides others who are still developing their skills
Required Technical Skills:
- Solid software development with hands-on experience in Java/Core J2EE platform
- Candidates must have a robust understanding of Java and an in-depth understanding of other Java technologies, including Servlets, Struts/Tiles, JSP, JMS, and Spring.
- Experience writing REST API
- Spring, Hibernate or any other ORM tools experience is required
- Strong SQL skills, Unit test frameworks and Databases experience (Oracle preferred) is required
- Experience with WebServices (REST, SOAP, XML-RPC, etc)
- Thorough understanding of Object Oriented principles (Analysis and Design)
- Strong emphasis on Unit Test and Integration test design and implementation, with strong review and mentoring experience is a plus
- E-commerce and retail domain experience is a must
- Hands on experience with Agile methodologies
- Self-motivated team player who excels in a collaborative environment. (We are looking for someone who can take initiative and ask intelligent questions!)
- Strong sense of personal accountability; contributes beyond job role and responsibilities
- Excellent problem solving skills; meticulous & methodical
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed
- Proven ability to translate complex business requirements into simple software solutions
- Passionate about continuously improving organizational practices
- Full lifecycle development experience on large projects
- Professionalism, consulting attitude and articulate communication
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!