Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for Java Developers to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on core Java and Java Web programming skills, excellent problem solving and design skills and ability to work collaboratively within different teams.
The candidate should also demonstrate a history of on time delivery, excellent communication, and a positive get-it-done attitude. Retail domain expertise and experience working in Agile driven development projects is a plus.
Required Qualifications and Technical Skills:
• Studied Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related courses;
• Experience with Java development (preferably version 8 or above);
• Knowledge of web development frameworks like Spring or J2EE
• Strong knowledge of design patterns and object-oriented programming principles;
• Software modeling and design experience
• Experience with ORM Java frameworks (preferably Hibernate);
• Experience in databases (relational or non relational) and domain in their query languages;
• Experience with code version control systems (preferably Git; SVN, CSV, etc)
• Experience with build automation tools (Ant, Maven, Gradle, etc);
• Strong knowledge of software testing strategies and experience with Java testing libraries (jUnit, TestNg, Mock frameworks, etc.).
• Experience with SOA implementation in Java (SOAP, REST, JMS, JAX / RS, JAX / WS);
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience in QA tools for test automation (Ruby, Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver and Capybara);
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!