Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
About the opportunity:
We are looking for a Full Stack Ruby on Rails engineer with solid Rails knowledge and knowledge of it’s best practices.
The engineer will be responsible for maintaining and developing new features for an application that aggregates information from third party applications.
- Solid experience with Ruby on Rails 5.x and it’s best practices;
- Sidekiq SASS and Grid;
- Will use Solid and Dry to keep a good architecture of the system;
- Knowledge of css framework, Neat and Bourbon;
- Debian package with aptly and Gerrit usage is a differential.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Experience with popular web application frameworks (Lotus, etc)
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries (Thor, GLI, etc)
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN)
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!