Avenue Code is the leading software consultancy focused on delivering end-to-end development solutions for digital transformation across every vertical. We’re privately held, profitable, and have been on a solid growth trajectory since day one. We care deeply about our clients, our partners, and our people. We prefer the word ‘partner’ over ‘vendor’, and our investment in professional relationships is a reflection of that philosophy. We pride ourselves on our technical acumen, our collaborative problem-solving ability, and the warm professionalism of our teams.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications.
- Be part of an agile team and sharing responsibilities of testing and development as the role demands.
- Strong quality focus including automation, design reviews, and unit testing.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills with orientation towards innovation and open source tools.
- Mentor and guide developers in coding, design methodology and design patterns.
- Conceptualizing, coding, deploying, and iterating on next generation prototypes.
- Flexible approach to analyzing technical issues and clearly communicating recommendations/solutions.
Required Technical skills/Front End:
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or LESS
- Libraries like jQuery or Backbone.js
- Front-end (CSS) frameworks like Foundation or Bootstrap
Required Technical skills/Back End:
- API design and development
- CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete)
- RESTful Services
- Database technologies like MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, J2EE, Apache, Nginx, ISS, etc.
- Frameworks related to their server-side language of choice like: Express.js, Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- 7+ yr experience in software development, preferrably as a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies.
- Experience mentoring jr. developers.
Does this sound like you?
Apply now to become an Avenue Coder!