We are seeking an experienced sales leader to manage the Sales Department at Aventis Systems, Inc. As Aventis Systems Vice President of Sales you are responsible for ensuring the sales department meets or exceeds sales growth expectations monthly, quarterly, and annually. You will also have authority to recruit, manage, discipline, and mentor the sales staff with a focus on diversity. Your responsibilities include the defining and overseeing of the administration of the sales departments’ goals and policies. Establishing the procedure and communicating those procedures to the sales team. Ensuring enforcement and discipline by requiring adherence to best practices and CRM utilization. Monitoring sales pipeline, performance and motivation of the sales staff to ensure Company growth targets are achieved and or exceeded. Establish, document, review and make recommendations for sales team member’s personal development. Establish and drive a commitment to excellence sales organization while documenting and reporting sales performance.
This position reports to the President.
• Employee Management & Development
• Quota Attainment
• Department Goal Setting
• Customer Service Excellence
• Program Execution
Employee Management & Development
● Manage the hiring, staffing, and maintenance of a diverse and effective workforce
● Execute daily coaching and development sessions with sales team
● Execute weekly coaching and development sessions with customer service team
● Conduct strategic and tactical account planning with sales professionals and their assigned territories
● Monitor outbound calling activity
● Ensure sales team compliance to sales processes and ensure operational excellence
● Cover open territories when sales reports are on vacation and / or a territory is not covered
● Drive long-term professional development and training curriculum for the inside sales and customer service teams
● Meet monthly, quarterly, and annual quota attainment objectives
Department Goal Setting
● Direct the efforts of the inside sales and customer service teams for achievement of sales and service objectives
● Ensure current customer growth and retention
● Drive new customer acquisition
● Ensure all marketing initiatives are executed with 100% adoption, including, inbound and outbound lead follow up
● Ensure all business development initiatives are executed with 100% adoption, including, product and service launches, and Company-wide tool implementation
● Maintain detailed reports pertaining to current and prospective customers utilizing the Company’s CRM / sales automation tool
● Conduct weekly department meetings
● Communicate weekly forecasts and sales activities to senior leadership
● Conduct quarterly business reviews with each sales team member, and provide reporting results to senior leadership
● Work closely with the Human Resources department for recruiting, counseling, performance review, and termination tasks
● Work closely with operations, logistics, and marketing teams ensuring excellent communication and team work
● Perform additional tasks, as requested
Desired Skills and Experience
Required Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor's Degree
● Minimum of 5 years of sale management experience in an SMB or enterprise environment.
● Proven leadership skills with a team of 10 or more employees; ability to manage and lead in a tactical and strategic functions.
● Outstanding sales management skills with a proven track record of success; experience in building interdepartmental teams, while teaming across departments.
● Demonstrated ability to manage program financial budgets, including preparation and forecasting of budgets.
● Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
● Demonstrable success working with small and mid-size businesses.
● Conversant with website and social media management, including analytics.
● Highly organized and detail oriented with an exceptional work ethic.
● Relevant product and industry knowledge
● Weekday Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
● Atlanta-based Sales Office
● After-hours self-study and research may be required.
● Some odd hours may be required including nights and weekends.
● This position is an Exempt position which does not qualify for overtime.