Your day will consist of answering simple to complex technical questions for hardware related issues of the product lines that we sell via our various sales channels. This position fields support calls over the phone and remote diagnosis is required to determine what part is failed or what is causing the problem and come up with a resolution. Support will vary from Tier 1 to production related outages for hardware issues. You will also be assisting with returned products and diagnosing/repairing units for return to the customer.
It is a challenging role that will have you continuously learning about new hardware and how to diagnose issues you may not have seen before. You will rely heavily on our ticket system to track and ensure your cases to resolution. This position demands the ability to handle customer calls regarding technical hardware issues, operating system issues, order related issues, and customer status requests in a calm and professional manner.
10% - System Builds
10% - Professional Development
20% - Customer Service
60% - Technical support on hardware and software
- Walk clients through, via phone, problem-solving processes in a non-technical manner
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions for hardware related issues remotely, via phone and screen sharing, such as the gathering of logs and screenshots of the issue.
- Assist with, when required, order status, missing parts requests, and customer service requests from various channels (Amazon, eBay, NewEgg, etc).
- Assist with, when required, builds of specialized systems, such as advanced server builds and configurations. This will assist with keeping hardware knowledge up to date and understanding of the Aventis build processes.
- Complete new certifications to further your professional development. This will include Dell or HPE hardware and/or Microsoft, VMware, and other software certifications.
- Respond to customer requests / RMA requests in a timely manner via our ticketing system (ConnectWise)
- Take ownership of technical issues and see them through to resolution
- Assist and train co-workers, as requested
- Escalate unresolved issues and may provide alternative courses of action
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent years of experience
- Dell or HPE certifications a PLUS
- Understanding of Dell and HPE hardware
- Understanding of hardware related issues (bad drives, iDRAC, etc)
- Experience with Windows Server and Virtualization (VMware)
- Experience with end-user support of Windows 8/10 Desktop Operating Systems
- Able to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions
- Display confidence in their own abilities when resolving problems
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent deductive, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude
- Dell Servers, Desktops, and Storage
- HPE Servers, Desktops, and Storage
- Cisco Meraki Networking and Firewalls
- VMware Virtualization
- Windows Servers and Desktops
Weekday Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm EST
- Marietta, GA -based Warehouse location
- After-hours self-study and research may be required.
- Some odd hours may be required including nights and weekends.
- This position is an Exempt position which does not qualify for overtime.