Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
The Director of Development (DD) will be responsible for the production of a number of projects within Avalanche Partners. Avalanche Partners is a Creative Division within Avalanche Studios, dedicated to ambitious, externally published, AAA open world games like Just Cause and Rage 2. Each creative unit is a fundamental part of Avalanche Studios but is operated as an autonomous business with a unique offering. The DD works with a Lead Producer for each project to ensure the smooth running of the project, as well as identifying and exploiting synergies between projects. This includes overseeing and tracking aspects such as budget, schedule, scope and quality, and risk mitigation. It also involves careful staff planning, in conjunction with studio staffing delegates, to ensure that the projects’ resource needs are fully satisfied. The DD reports to the Managing Director of Avalanche Partners.
- Coordinate the creation of pitches and produce production plans for new projects.
- Helps to define the division’s production goals and monitors the relevant KPI’s.
- Manage financial tracking for ongoing projects, coordinating between project leadership and the finance department.
- Oversee project risk mitigation efforts and ensure they are effective.
- Manage a team of producers, supporting them in solving problems or finding synergies and effectivisations.
- Operates within defined company policies and structures.
- Aligns with Company Management Group and other creative divisions to help find cross-unit synergies and opportunities.
- Proven track-record of shipping successful AAA titles at a high quality level.
- Experience of shipping multiple large-scale, AAA projects in a role at the highest level of project governance
- Experience working with external publishing partners at executive level
- Strategic mindset combined with operational effectiveness.
- Negotiation skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Strong experience in building and leading high performing teams.
- Fully proficient in both written and spoken English.
- Strong flexibility and time management skills
- Travelling availability to all locations included in the creative division.
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and what games you enjoy playing in general.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.