Avalanche Studios is a leading independent, privately held studio with offices in Stockholm and New York. The studio is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause series and is currently developing well-known AAA licenses and original IPs with the worlds largest and most influential publishers. Avalanche Studios is developing for next gen platforms.
We are looking for enthusiastic, motivated QA Engineer to work within a talented team on our high-profile, next generation future projects.
You will be centered in the New York QA team working closely together with people from many different disciplines.Your tasks will not only be to work with various teams to create and execute test plans throughout the development process covering functionality, usability, performance, design and compatibility testing. This role will develop, infrastructure, and frameworks to increase QA productivity. You will create functional, regression and stress tests for game and platform features. In addition, this role will be performing debugger-based analysis to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve process problems. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and can constantly promote testing within development. Showing a methodical and team oriented approach is vital in order to succeed in this position
- Minimum of 2 years experience testing on current gen consoles
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Passion to learn and work with new technologies
- An interest in playing games from different genres
- Education in fields related to games or/and testing
- At least 1 shipped AAA title
- Knowledge of bug tracking software
- Implementation of tool sets that bring the right value for current gen and next gen
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to work in New York. This is a 3 month contractor position. Local candidates only. We’re looking to fill 2-3 positions