Senior Technical Artist - New York
Avalanche Studios New York is looking for a talented Senior Technical Artist to join a top-tier, experienced team to help craft cutting edge AAA open-world games.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist with specialized experience towards rendering pipelines to work on the development of high-profile projects for consoles and PC. The ideal candidate feels comfortable in a team environment and is able to contribute on many levels of the technical art side in general, and with an edge in realtime rendering features. You will work with the Art and Technical Directors to help manage, research and evolve the art content creation pipelines and act as a liaison between the artists and programmers.
As an employee of Avalanche Studios, you will work in an environment where social skills are just as important as your professional skills. You will work with a team of talented and experienced game developers, who have worked on numerous best-selling and critically acclaimed titles.
- 5+ years’ experience and shipped titles as a Technical Artist in the game industry, potentially supporting years from pre rendered industries
- Strong knowledge of current 3D rendering principles and shaders
- Strong understanding of HDR content and rendering pipelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software including Maya and Substance
- Expert knowledge of Python and the Qt Framework
- Competency with architecting and developing tools and pipelines for artists
- Experience working with and knowledge of current generation console hardware
- Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other members of the development team.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with pre rendering pipelines
- Leadership and/or mentoring experience
- Knowledge and experience using C++
- Experience with Houdini and procedural pipelines
- A solid foundation in traditional art