Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter Classic, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios is looking for an experienced system administrator to join our team in Stockholm. As the system administrator you will work with internal second line support to our staff, and work towards our engine team as well as the game production teams. The responsibilities include maintenance of internal and external servers and services in a mixed Windows and Linux environment, as well as our build farm.
You will be a part of the IT department together with a system administrator and our PC technicians, while reporting to our IT manager. In addition to that you will have an ongoing collaboration with our system administrator in our New York studio.
- Linux server experience: 7+ years with Debian, Ubuntu or CentOS
- Infrastructure Automation experience in Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Infrastructure monitoring experience in Zabbix, Nagios or OP5
- Knowledge of web servers, load balancers and proxy servers
- Windows server experience: 2+ years with AD, DNS, DHCP
- Network administration: 5+ years
- Virtual Environment\r\n
- Excellent communications skills; both written and verbal English
- Virtual Environment: Kubernetes, Google Compute Engine and AWS
- Windows server experience: DFS, WSUS, MDT, WDS
- Network administration: Cisco, WAN Optimization, Packet inspection, Wireshark or similar
- Programming/Scripting experience in Python, Bash or Perl
- Perforce administration
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage, and craftsmanship
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position, please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.