Our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay; our independence, sound work-life balance and unique open-world tech, are a few of the reasons our talents choose to work at Avalanche Studios in NYC.
Our members of staff are key to our games’ success and as the Studio Manager of the NYC studio, it’s your mission to ensure that they have what they need to deliver amazing games that meets our business goals. All Avalanche office locations are designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee and provide the best studio service to all Creative Divisions present in NYC.
- Responsible for leading local support functions within the NYC office, including overseeing the local Office and IT team.
- Partner with local managers in growing the culture and team’s professional growth.
- Ensure teams are appropriately resourced to deliver against Division and Company objectives.
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to meet business, and Company and Division needs.
- Manage budget based on forecast and target metrics. Collaborate with Global Support functions and Production to plan and implement new studio and company initiatives.
- Support professional growth initiatives through competence sharing platforms & leadership programs.
- Basic Office Legal - letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Create external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages.
- Use feedback, engagement survey metrics and retrospectives to drive studio improvements and plan future initiatives for the studio.
- Provide mentoring, development and performance management to managers.
We think you
- Have solid and relevant management experience from the game industry, or other creative industries
- Have strong people communication and leadership skills
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with Company management, Production leads and Global Support functions.
- Are business-driven with a commitment to add value and invest into the success of the company.
- Are pragmatic and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Are confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
- Are efficient with your and other’s time, and always strive to improve.
- A creative environment and an agile way of structuring and planning our work
- Working collaboratively within a diverse, dynamic and non-hierarchical culture
- A structure where you are given trust and opportunities to challenge yourself and others.
- A solid work-life balance.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our New York office. To apply, please register your LinkedIn profile and application below. We review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.