Our huge open world games, full of explosive and emergent gameplay; our independence, sound work-life balance and unique open-world tech, are a few of the reasons our 350, talents choose to work at Avalanche Studios.
Our members of staff are key to our games success and as the Location Manager of the New York studio, it's your mission to ensure that they have what they need to deliver amazing games that meets our business goals. Our office is designed to offer the best environment for team-focused and creative development in a passion-driven industry.
Your main responsibilities
- Oversee and provide the best service to all projects and staffing the studio.
- Responsible for leading all service functions within the office and meeting operational goals, including overseeing the operational team and operational roadmap.
- Support appropriate resources to deliver against business and operational objectives
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans in support of staffing to meet project and Creative Division needs.
- Space and office planning & maintenance.
- Manage budget based on forecast and target metrics. Collaborate with production and operations teams to plan and implement new studio- and company- initiatives
- Basic Studio Legal - letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements
- Create external partnerships with vendors/agencies to leverage resources and cost advantages.
- Use feedback, metrics and retrospectives to drive local team and office improvements and plan future initiatives for the office.
We think you
- Are a people champion that will help improve the lives of employees
- Have solid and relevant operations management experience from relevant industry
- Have strong people, process communication and leadership skills.
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with company management and operation teams.
- Are business-driven with a commitment to invest into the success of the company.
- Are pragmatic and committed to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems
- Are confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
- Are efficient with your and others time, and always strive to improve
- A creative environment and an agile way of structuring and planning our work
- Working collaboratively within a diverse, dynamic and non-hierarchical culture
- A structure where you are given trust and opportunities to challenge yourself and others.
- A solid work-life balance.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time in our New York office. To apply, please register your LinkedIn profile and application below. We review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.