Avalanche Studios is one of the game industry’s leading independent developers. Renowned for triple-A blockbuster hits like Just Cause, Mad Max and the upcoming Rage 2, Avalanche Studios has in the last decade expanded its business to develop and release its own IPs. With theHunter Classic, theHunter: Call of the Wild and Generation Zero, Avalanche Studios is firmly established as one of the leading Games As A Service developers. The world-leading open world engine Apex 2.0 underpins these titles, made for PC and consoles and developed in Stockholm, New York and Malmö.
Avalanche Studios is looking for a passionate, business minded and analytical Product Owner to take full ownership of an, as of yet, unannounced game.
As Product Owner, you will help to drive the future product and business development of the new title.The role includes setting the long-term strategy for the game, defining business objectives, working towards maximising profitability, but also understanding and representing the wants and needs of our players.
You are used to delivering results within a fast-paced game development environment and possess a strong analytical acumen and business judgement. Furthermore, you need to be able to prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a proven track record of driving solutions both internationally and cross-functionally. Your understanding of the business behind video games in general, and how to run a game as a service in particular, is of vital importance, as is the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should also be accustomed to using customer centric data to identify opportunities and evaluate results.
- Set the long-term roadmap for the product
- Research, assess, analyze, and produce business plans and visions for current and future product and business opportunities
- Analyze customer data and feedback to determine features or components that will add value to a product as well as maximize sales
- Identify new trends and key opportunities for innovation
- Understand the audience, analyze customer patterns, and share insights with internal teams about what drives and motivates our players
- Work closely with the marketing and development teams to optimize our opportunities and drive towards the set business objectives
- Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, and deliverables are clearly communicated and achieved
- Work with the Line Producer to plan capacity utilization
- 5+ years experience in a product role at a tech or gaming company.
- Used to owning and managing a product roadmap, crafting product requirements, and specifications
- Ample knowledge about the videogames market, user acquisition, and optimization of the player funnel
- Management experience, with a proven track-record of growing and empowering direct reports
- Extensive knowledge of working in a KPI-driven environment, and delivering ROI
- Experience with doing forecasting and creating monthly/yearly/long term budgets
- Fluent English and great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills
- Collaborative, proactive, and self-motivated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Team player
- Passionate about video games
- Keen gamer
- Experience working in an international environment
- Additional language(s) on a native level
- Basic SQL proficiency
We will only consider applications that consist of both a cover letter and a CV. In your cover letter you should include why you want to work at Avalanche Studios and which games you enjoy playing.
For this role you need to be able to work full-time (40 hours/week) in our Malmö office.
To apply for this position please register below. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.