Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix), the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment) and is currently working on Rage 2 (published by Bethesda Softworks), scheduled for release in 2019. As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm, New York City and Malmö, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer to join our newly formed team in Malmö. We want to find a passionate and dynamic team member, whose attitude is backed up by their experience in creating great games.
The candidate needs to have worked within development as a senior or lead QA and must have worked on at least one console project from the early phases through to completion. They will be responsible for not only the QA process but also the building of an awesome QA team to support them. They will need to work with external QA partners when additional resourcing or specialist testing is required. Designing the projects test plans and working with developers of different disciplines to ensure the whole game is understood.
The right candidate is an excellent and efficient communicator, who has strong organisational skills and loves to work as part of a team. In this role they have a key responsibility in helping ensure we deliver an excellent game of the highest quality. They will be a proactive hands on leader, able to write and execute test cases, taking responsibility to report all issues into a bug tracking tool.
- Experience from VIDEO GAME QA, is a MUST
- A holistic and tenacious approach to problem-solving
- Excellent English (written and verbal)
- Ability to describe complex information in a precise and detailed manner
- Knowledge of bug writing and bug tracking software
- Console & PC testing experience
- Work with the QA team to define and execute on a vision around agile testing methodologies and progressive QA best practices to ensure high quality deployments in suitable timeframes
- Define, standardize and apply the QA strategy for product teams while remaining flexible to the team needs
- Build strong relationships with business and technology members to understand the needs for the QA department and tools
- Assure timely completion of testing for projects as well as comprehensive bug tracking and reporting
- Identify a strategy for maintaining consistent QA environments providing as much up time for testing as possible
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and career development for QA engineers and QA contributors on the team
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in Quality Assurance or comparable development experience (preferable experience from shipping AAA games)\
- Experience with QA tools for test automation and performance testing
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, effective relationships across the organization
- Experience from working as embedded QA within a development team.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Malmö.
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our studio in Malmö, Sweden is the company’s third location since it was founded in Stockholm in 2003, and expanded to New York City in 2011.The Malmö studio will focus on development of current and future Avalanche Studios IPs, relatively small and flexible projects which rest on a solid foundation of AAA production values and award-winning proprietary technology. Malmö was chosen because of its unique location, rich culture and - above all - thriving game development community. With our creative independence, a decade and a half of experience and strong portfolio of games, Avalanche Studios will fill a unique position in the city.