Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise (published by Square Enix) and the developer of Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). The studio has also created acclaimed twin stick shooter Renegade Ops (published by SEGA). As a publisher, Avalanche Studios has brought free-to-play service theHunter Classic to market and reached more than 7 million registered players across 190 countries. The theHunter franchise was expanded in 2017 to also include premium title theHunter: Call of the Wild, which was released for PC and subsequently console platforms. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm and New York City, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games using its proprietary Apex technology, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.
Avalanche Studios is looking for an ambitious and quality-focused Release Manager to work closely with a team of producers, programmers, build engineers, and QA teams to oversee the build and release process of our next self published title. The Release Manager will work directly with the most talented technical minds in the business. You will be involved with improving our games pipeline with a continuous delivery mindset, using both process and technology at your disposal. You will be responsible for the following:
- Owning the scheduling, coordination, quality control and external certification process across multiple platforms and/or products.
- Owning, managing and maintaining content
- Working closely with QA, Build Engineer, and Lead Programmer on monitoring the automated build and integration process.
- Working with QA Lead to establish and maintain bug triage process.
- Owning and maintaining formal release records to track release content and history.
- Working closely with production on pin-pointing and resolving risk related to the release.
- Maintaining and keeping track of internal and external release notes, known issues, and knowledge base updates
- Owning the process of making sure all releases have passed required checks and approvals leading up to going live and effectively inform approved exceptions to all necessary parties
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment
- Proven track record of game development process and exposure to working with shipped and live titles
At Avalanche Studios, we believe in worlds without limits, and we are committed to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strive to hire great talent from a variety of backgrounds. Being part of our world is not contingent on where you’re from, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion, courage and craftsmanship.
Our state of the art studio is located in the beautiful area of Södermalm, in the center of Stockholm and the Game industry Hub. Our studio is a beautiful place inspired by our catalog of games, from the lush jungle of a lobby (Just Cause) to the corroded steel beams housing the light fixtures above your new workplace (Mad Max). We hope you’ll come to think of this place as your home turf and creative foundation.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed CV and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in Stockholm.