Autoport Limited is seeking committed Rail Loaders to join our team!
Who is Autoport?
Chances are, we handled the car you drive today. As a transportation leader in the automotive industry, Autoport handles more than 2 million import and domestic vehicles annually. We are well positioned to offer seamless access to key ports and global trade. We have the solutions, the experience and the expertise and we are looking for passionate Automotive Handlers to help us drive success. Imagine driving onto a multi-level railcar and the precision it requires. As people drive vehicles throughout North America, we are the ones who ensure that cars are well-secured and arrive to dealers damage-free.
If you are an experienced, passionate driver who is safety conscious and a strong team player, interested in working in a fast-paced outdoor environment you can build a career with Autoport! This is a full-time rail loading and driving position. Autoport offers a competitive wage, excellent benefits, ample opportunity for growth, as well as free on-site parking. This is an entry level position and all necessary training will be provided. The successful candidates must be an excellent driver who is comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces. Must be willing to work flexible shifts on an as-needed basis including evenings and weekends. This is a full-time position however flexibility is required.
Job responsibilities include:
- Driving vehicles safely in the yard
- Load/offload vehicles on railcars
- General labour which involves lifting (up to 50lbs), bending, climbing and heights
- Obey all company policies and safe work procedures
- Work outdoors with exposure to all weather elements
- Experience using PDAs will be an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive a standard shift
- Drivers Abstract & Criminal Background check are required
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Respectful of customer vehicles when driving as customer service is a top priority
- Steel toed safety boots, safety glasses, and other proper PPE must be worn
Evaluations Based upon:
- Demonstration of a safe attitude in all facets of work
- Meeting day-to-day performance standards
- Consistent ability to perform tasks related to position
- Attendance – reports on time, stays on the job, no unexcused absences
- Adherence to the company rules, safety regulations and procedures
- Completion of high school, or equivalent, is required
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Safety shoe reimbursement
- Long term disability/Short term disability
- We provide all PPE (you provide your own boots)
- Great teammates, active and busy workplace