Who we are
Autopilot is an Australian founded global marketing software automation business. We provide simple, elegant, yet highly powerful visual marketing journeys, helping over 4,000 businesses create personal connections with every customer at scale, configuring their customer engagement to the right moment, right time and most effective channel.
We enable marketers to capture and convert new leads, connect more closely with their customers, drive repeat and higher frequency of engagement, all at a granular level of visibility that our customers can scale into the millions and build lasting commercial success.
The category of marketing automation software is expanding and changing rapidly, and we are configuring our business to capitalise and lead the next wave of growth in this market. Autopilot has offices in Sydney and the United States and to date has raised over US$30m in funding, with backing from Blackbird Ventures, Southern Cross Ventures and Salesforce Ventures among others.
What we are after
Autopilot is looking for an experienced System Operations Engineer to be part of our existing talented team. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate superb technical competency and ensure the highest level of performance and security and will help build out, maintain and troubleshoot our rapidly growing infrastructure.
Your Day-To-Day will consist of
- Tweaking monitoring systems and reacting to alerts from their metrics
- Deploying, managing and operating high available and fault-tolerant systems on AWS, GCP, Kubernetes, Lambda or Rackspace Cloud
- Optimise existing systems by measuring and monitoring availability, capacity and system health
- Upholding best practices for observability, alerting and alarming
- Supporting the development team's requirements
- Monitoring the effect of changes and responding to alerts; including investigating for root cause
- Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of our infrastructure, systems and environments
- Project work such as cost optimisation, migrations, new services and deployments
Desired Skills and Experience
- Monitoring and logging of monolithic, microservice and/or serverless architecture applications
- Monitoring API endpoints, Linux servers, databases and websites
- Scripting experience with either Bash/Shell, Python or Golang
- Infrastructure-as-code with either Ansible or Terraform
- System Administration for Linux servers
- Network administration and support
- Familiarity with and understanding of cloud architecture
Perks of being an Autopilot’er
- Join a global team of remarkable, innovative and collaborative people
- Best Sydney CBD location
- Tech office setup, weekly yoga, company pool comps, massages, meditation room and unlimited* food and snacks on hand to keep you going!
- A place you can do your best work, develop and define your career for decades to come.