Autopilot is simple and visual marketing automation software trusted and loved by over 3,000 teams around the world. It helps marketers capture and convert new leads, connect with customers and create loyal repeat buyers. The best teams at Lyft, Atlassian, Microsoft, Instapage, LiveChat, Greenpeace, Patreon and Typeform all use Autopilot to automate their marketing.
To date our software has helped Australia promote the YES vote on gay marriage and say YES to equality. It’s given Greenpeace the data and tools they need to win activist campaigns. It’s helped Patreon connect and educate creators to give them new revenue streams. And it’s helped hundreds of startups tell their story and grow their businesses.
We’re a successful, fast growing and global company with offices in Sydney , Minneapolis and San Francisco. We have thousands of remarkable customers, an extraordinary team and have wonderful investors like Blackbird, Rembrandt and Salesforce Ventures.
We're looking to grow our team with experienced Senior React Engineers who will be able to help us grow, improve and scale our marketing automation frontend.
Today our systems deal with millions of marketing automation events every day, across a large cluster of servers which provide a variety of services. The frontend of our system is currently a mix of slightly older tech (Sproutcore) and new React-built features. It still has a lot of business logic and we are in the process of splitting this out. Our goal is to grow into hundreds of thousands of customers and to do that, our frontend system needs to be fully updated.
Our product integrates with a variety of web APIs, has a modular architecture and a platform which is stable and relied upon by thousands of customers. Most of it is written in Node.js, but we also use Go and Elixer. All our software is in the cloud and currently we mainly use Rackspace, but we are using more and more features from AWS and Google.
Working with Autopilot is your chance to contribute to a large system and contribute in a meaningful way. Bringing in your own style and approach to the role is something we welcome and encourage. Our current team works very hard together and has a very close-knit and collaborative approach. The core team has been working together for 4 years (some up to 8!).
To become a part of this, your responsibilities would include:
- Understand the system architecture of Autopilot and how the frontend fits in there
- Implement new frontend features and refactor existing elements into React
- Building frontend using data-led approach to break up the UI into React component hierarchy
- Setup and explain best practice React architectural design
- Ensure that our overall React application with our new features are robust and easy to maintain
- Mentor junior developers
- Contribute to our developer community
- React and Redux
- Demonstrable proof of significant contributions in previous engineering team
- Using microservices to decouple big frontend projects is a plus
Perks of being an Autopilot-er
- Join an international team
- Competitive salary
- Downtime and flexibility: flexible hours, generous paid time off
- The best setup: select your own computer, monitor, sit/stand desk, comfy chairand anything else you need to do your best work
- Growth and training: we are growing fast, like really fast. Grow your career, continue learning and have the opportunity to be promoted from within as we scale