Who we are
Autopilot is an Australian founded global marketing software automation business. We provide simple, elegant, yet highly powerful visual marketing journeys, helping over 4,000 businesses create personal connections with every customer at scale, configuring their customer engagement to the right moment, right time and most effective channel.
We enable marketers to capture and convert new leads, connect more closely with their customers, drive repeat and higher frequency of engagement, all at a granular level of visibility that our customers can scale into the millions and build lasting commercial success.
The category of marketing automation software is expanding and changing rapidly, and we are configuring our business to capitalise and lead the next wave of growth in this market. Autopilot has offices in Sydney and the United States and to date has raised over US$30m in funding, with backing from Blackbird Ventures, Southern Cross Ventures and Salesforce Ventures among others.
What we are after
As we shift to the next level as a company, we are building up a world-class sales and online conversion team, with a focus on expanding our base of accomplished sales executives. We seek sales professionals highly adept at partnering with customers and integrating with other solutions, connecting customers’ needs to our solution, thinking on their behalf, and ultimately producing commercial results that generate surprise, delight and long-lasting retention.
This role will focus on the Australian and NZ market, working alongside our US-based global sales operation. The role will work closely with the sales integration team we have in Australia as well as marketing, digital, customer success and engineering teams.
We are looking for people with a passion for showing customers what’s possible in eCommerce, SAAS and marketing automation, and individuals who have demonstrable experience growing companies they have worked for or founded. Proven abilities to collaborate and partner with technical teams, marketing and product are essential.
- Collaborating with the existing Australian sales team to own the end-to-end sales cycle and go-to-market strategy for the Australian and NZ market, working under the direction of our Global Sales Director in the US
- Creating customers in our target verticals and markets and expanding the list of logo accounts. We expect this role to be experienced in mapping the addressable universe of prospects quickly and prioritising how to address key verticals systematically
- Integrating the market sales strategy with content marketing and paid demand generation strategies, working collaboratively to optimise all parts of the sales funnel
- Becoming a trusted ‘go to’ resource for our customers during their trial and evaluation stage of the sales cycle, and advancing to a point of solution-selling at scale, for example automating sales techniques into our online conversion algorithm
- Capturing competitive insight and synthesising this back into actionable analysis with engineering and product teams, in addition to incorporating insight for the marketing team to adapt into our content creation and product marketing strategy
- Own your sales forecast, pipeline management and communication
- Ensure all lead generation, calls, emails and interactions are synchronised in Pipedrive
Skills and Experience
- 5 years experience in a sales role ‘owning a number’, i.e. a quota/target for a technology business or fast growing organisation with a demonstrated sales capability
- Additional experience in marketing roles; digital demand generation a plus
- Highly quantitative and able to articulate a point of view with numerical data
- A self-starter - able to manage your own time to get things done autonomously
- Thrive in a startup environment. Dynamic, adaptable, and you do your own legwork
- Ability to multi-task a high volume of Pipedrive leads, emails, and calls at all times (experience with LiveChat, Zendesk, and Pipedrive is a plus.)
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills - verbal and written
Perks of being an Autopilot’er
- Join a global team of remarkable, innovative and collaborative people
- Best Sydney CBD location
- Tech office setup, weekly yoga, company pool comps, massages, meditation room and unlimited* food and snacks on hand to keep you going!
- A place you can do your best work, develop and define your career for decades to come.