Who we are
Autopilot is an Australian founded global marketing software automation business. We provide simple, elegant, yet highly powerful visual marketing journeys, helping thousands of businesses create personal connections with every customer at scale, configuring their customer engagement to the right moment, right time and most effective channel.
We enable marketers to capture and convert new leads, connect more closely with their customers, drive repeat and higher frequency of engagement, all at a granular level of visibility that our customers can scale into the millions and build lasting commercial success.
The category of marketing automation software is expanding and changing rapidly, and we are configuring our business to capitalise and lead the next wave of growth in this market. Autopilot has offices in Sydney and the United States and to date has raised over US$30m in funding, with backing from Blackbird Ventures, Southern Cross Ventures and Salesforce Ventures among others.
What we are after
Autopilot is looking for an experienced Email Deliverability and Compliance Specialist to join our growing team. We are looking for someone who has a passion for this space to spearhead our efforts to ensure that Autopilot is able to provide best-in-class email deliverability for our customers.
Your role will be to ensure our customers’ emails have the best chance of landing successfully in the inbox, and to maintain all infrastructure with the highest reputation possible. This work includes remediating blacklists, identifying issues caused by spam traps, working with ISPs, educating and collaborating with our customer success and support teams, and working with customers to make sure they send email using best practices.
- Review current processes and make recommendations for improving efficiency.
- Analyze current compliance needs, gaps, and processes; reporting on findings and present solutions to management.
- Research and keep informed on deliverability as a subject matter expert.
- Communicate with customers who may be compromising the platform with their email sending practices.
- In some cases, terminate customer accounts that pose a risk to our platform.
- Investigate, diagnose and remediate email deliverability issues by working with customers, internal teams and with support at ISPs, email blacklists and anti-spam technology providers.
- Build and maintain relationships with ISP postmasters, proactively manage IP reputation and deliverability for all of our customers and enforce compliance and best practice sending behaviors.
- Manage internal reputation management tools and the distribution of IP addresses.
- Respond to deliverability related support tickets or customer concerns, delivering best practice to support team for customer issues, being the expert escalation on specific customer issues.
Skills and Experience
- Five plus years of experience in the email industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with an ability to work on a team, as well as independently, in a fast-paced environment and to help others succeed.
- Experience with email marketing and sending large email volumes.
- Familiar with mail related dns entries, spf, dmarc, and dkim.
- Comfortable reading email headers
- Self-directed and motivated, with a passion for troubleshooting complex problems.
- Ability to translate data into solutions that will enable our customers to execute on their email marketing strategies and aspirations.
- Deep understanding of the relevant technology; a strong knowledge of network protocols and DNS and the technical aspects of email systems and authentication.
- Ability to interpret and troubleshoot email headers and SMTP logs as well as bounce messages and non-delivery reports.
- Passionate about working with customers, with an ability to communicate clearly and professionally with those who are technical and non-technical.
Perks of being an Autopilot’er
- Join a global team of remarkable, innovative and collaborative people
- Best Sydney CBD location
- Tech office setup, weekly yoga, company pool comps, massages, meditation room and unlimited* food and snacks on hand to keep you going!
- A place you can do your best work, develop and define your career for decades to come.