Automata’s mission is to democratise robotics. We create the tools that empower people to automate physical work they should no longer have to do.
But who is this for? Isn’t automation solved already?
Glad you asked. Automation isn’t solved - far from it. Even in factories where automation is prolific, only 1 in 10 automatable tasks is automated. The rest of the work is done by people - sometimes in inhuman conditions, often for minimum wage, and its always menial. And such physical work isn’t just limited to factories - it's all around us - even in our homes. This is what we’re solving. The challenges that lie ahead of us are unprecedented, and the impact they will have is even larger. The tools we make will redefine what it is to work, and they are for everyone.
And we go all the way in making these tools - we do our own hardware, mechanical, electronics, firmware, front-end, back-end and control system. We even designed our own gearboxes. We’re not easily fazed, get excited by formidable challenges and take them on if it makes sense. If you can relate to that, you’re in the right place. Read on.
We are looking for a Customer Support Engineer to design and run our technical customer support experience.
A crucial part of democratising robotics is, surely, a great customer experience. Our Customer Support Engineer will make sure our community of users are excited about their robots, and provide them with every bit of information they need to continue with us on our journey of making automation as accessible as possible.
As the first line of communication with our users you’ll be expected to set the tone of how we support our users as well as helping design the process that represents their needs, concerns and compliments internally to our team.
Your key focus will be to create great user interactions and drive top quality technical support in order to increase our customer satisfaction and product adoption.
What will you be doing?
- Answering general user queries and providing technical support for our robots over the phone and online
- Authoring and maintaining ‘help center’ content such as troubleshooting guides and other forms of technical documentation
- Implement a reporting & ticketing solution to capture user queries and feedback
- Generate insights into our user’s product problems and wishlists to inform what our engineering teams build and prioritise
- Become an expert in using our robots in order to better understand our users and their needs
What you will bring to the role?
- Empathetic and patient communication style
- Experience in a technical organisation where customers are working with new technology products
- Experience writing scalable support documentation and building a customer support environment within a technology focused company
- Understanding of software APIs
- Experience in both pre-release and post-release support strategies
- Demonstrable examples of implementing proactive solutions
- Excellent communication skills, flawless written English
- Work with a talented, passionate, and diverse team of humans (and robots) democratising robotics and creating the future of work
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews, a company backed pension scheme and attractive share options after you pass your probation period
- The right technology setup for you to succeed in your role; laptop, monitors, software licences, robot assistants etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Company sponsored cycle to work scheme
- Access to a free pantry at the office, providing breakfast, healthy snacks and a truly vast variety of hot and cold beverages, oh and we’ve got an ice machine
- On Fridays we enjoy a team lunch all together, provided by the company,
- Friday afternoon beers (and the occasional tray of donuts, if the lunch was too healthy)
- Social clubs organised by the team (run/climb/suggest something new!)
- Broaden your knowledge of the world and your specific areas of interest through the Automata Book Club