Automata’s mission is to democratise robotics. We create the tools that empower people to automate physical work they should no longer have to do.
But who is this for? Isn’t automation solved already?
Glad you asked. Automation isn’t solved - far from it. Even in factories where automation is prolific, only 1 in 10 automatable tasks is automated. The rest of the work is done by people - sometimes in inhuman conditions, often for minimum wage, and its always menial. And such physical work isn’t just limited to factories - it's all around us - even in our homes. This is what we’re solving. The challenges that lie ahead of us are unprecedented, and the impact they will have is even larger. The tools we make will redefine what it is to work, and they are for everyone.
And we go all the way in making these tools - we do our own hardware, mechanical, electronics, firmware, front-end, back-end and control system. We even designed our own gearboxes. We’re not easily fazed, get excited by formidable challenges and take them on if it makes sense. If you can relate to that, you’re in the right place. Read on.
The first interaction we have with nearly all of our users is through a different robot - our website. Our website needs to be our most authentic voice to the outside world, providing a window into all the crazy things our physical robots (and the team behind them) do! We’re a ways away from that currently and this is why we need you :)
We’re looking for our first full time web developer to join and lead the development of our website and future web products. You will work alongside a motivated team of software developers, but you’ll be driving your own projects using your own initiative and focus to deliver excellent results.
What will you be doing?
- Developing, improving and maintaining the Automata.tech website and our future web products
- Collaborating with our marketing team on the development of the Automata Blog, delivering educational content to our users
- Creating functional, beautiful web designs which contribute to a consistent web experience for all of Automata’s users
What will you bring to the team?
- Experience integrating different 3rd parties services and products (OAuth, email newsletter, live-chat, E-Commerce, ERPs, etc)
- Experience working with a non-technical creative team and stakeholders, providing design considerations and CMS solutions where needed.
- An understanding of web accessibility standards, cross-browser and cross-platform web page development and modern web practices
- Experience with git
- Understanding of UX
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Work with a talented, passionate, and diverse team of humans (and robots) democratising robotics and creating the future of work
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews, a company backed pension scheme and attractive share options after you pass your probation period
- The right technology setup for you to succeed in your role; laptop, monitors, software licences, robot assistants etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Company sponsored cycle to work scheme
- Access to a free pantry at the office, providing breakfast, healthy snacks and a truly vast variety of hot and cold beverages, oh and we’ve got an ice machine
- On Fridays we enjoy a team lunch all together, provided by the company,
- Friday afternoon beers (and the occasional tray of donuts, if the lunch was too healthy)
- Social clubs organised by the team (run/climb/suggest something new!)
- Broaden your knowledge of the world and your specific areas of interest through the Automata Book Club