Automata’s mission is to democratise robotics. We create the tools that empower people to automate physical work that they should no longer have to do.
We design and build the robots that will redefine what ‘work’ means over the coming years. We go all the way - and do everything - to get there; hardware, mechanical, electronics, firmware, front-end, back-end, control system. This is as cross-functional and integrated as it gets.
Please note this is a part-time role - 2/3 days per week
A photojournalist with a clear vision of Automata’s mission and can freely interpret the concept through photographs and videos.
What will you be doing?
- Planning, filming and producing videos of Eva performing a wide range of use cases
- Shooting critical moments in the company; events, launches, team achievements, parties etc
- You’ll be crucial in capturing the deployment of Eva at customer sites, often travelling with members of the commercial and engineering teams to traditionally unglamorous locations and translating these moments into exciting content
- Editing and retouching images and video
- Contribute to team culture videos, photographs for the newsletter, assets for website
What do we want to see from you?
- Extremely adept at taking & editing video
- Comfortable delivering a final product to tight timelines and high quality
- Confident with music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Creative mind and storytelling skills - we will give you an initial direction of what we want to see, you’re the expert and we want you to direct us - tell us what is best
- Familiar with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Work with a talented, passionate, and diverse team of humans (and robots) democratising robotics and creating the future of work
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews, a company backed pension scheme and attractive share options after you pass your probation period
- The right technology setup for you to succeed in your role; laptop, monitors, software licences, robot assistants etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Company sponsored cycle to work scheme
- Access to a free pantry at the office, providing breakfast, healthy snacks and a truly vast variety of hot and cold beverages, oh and we’ve got an ice machine
- On Fridays, we enjoy a team lunch together, provided by the company,
- Friday afternoon beers (and the occasional tray of doughnuts, if the lunch was too healthy)
- Social clubs organised by the team (run/climb/suggest something new!)
- Broaden your knowledge of the world and your specific areas of interest through the Automata Book Club