Automata’s mission is to democratise robotics. We create the tools that empower people to automate physical work that they should no longer have to do.
We design and build the robots that will redefine what ‘work’ means over the coming years. We go all the way - and do everything - hardware, mechanical, electronics, firmware, front-end, back-end, control system. This is as cross-functional and integrated as it gets.
Our super accessible and friendly robot, Eva, is now ready to be unveiled to the world and we’re looking for a talented Mid-Weight Graphic Designer to join our team.
Working closely with our commercial and engineering teams you will lead on the design of our digital and print base commercial assets. You will represent complex ideas through clean, functional, design, facilitating and encouraging our users to engage, learn and explore.
What will you be doing?
- Owning our branding and visual identity, and being a champion for communicating these consistently across all of our sales and marketing design assets
- Designing the front-end of our robotics programming software, Choreograph, including the creation of any assets (icons etc.)
- Guiding and mentoring a junior graphic designer, sharing projects, giving feedback on work and investing in their growth as a member of the team and as a designer
- Comfortable across digital and print, and excited to split your time 50/50 across both types of media including our website
- Representing complex ideas as simple, clean and easy to follow
What do we want to see from you?
- Superstar level Adobe Suite skills
- A strong design portfolio highlighting your cross-functional graphic design experience and flexibility across different media of design
- A passion for problem-solving, and an appreciation for user experience
- A love of drawing/sketching and knowledge of typography
- Experience with rapid iterations of your ideas and the ability to communicate these to technical and non-technical team members
- Previously worked on a packaging and ‘unboxing’ design to rival the Apple iPhone
- Experience in 3D Environments Software such as 3DS Max / Maya / Cinema 3D
- Basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Work with a talented, passionate, and diverse team of humans (and robots) democratising robotics and creating the future of work
- Competitive salary with regular salary reviews, a company backed pension scheme and attractive share options after you pass your probation period
- The right technology setup for you to succeed in your role; laptop, monitors, software licences, robot assistants etc.
- Flexible working hours
- Company sponsored cycle to work scheme
- Access to a free pantry at the office, providing breakfast, healthy snacks and a truly vast variety of hot and cold beverages, oh and we’ve got an ice machine
- On Fridays, we enjoy a team lunch together, provided by the company,
- Friday afternoon beers (and the occasional tray of doughnuts, if the lunch was too healthy)
- Social clubs organised by the team (run/climb/suggest something new!)
- Broaden your knowledge of the world and your specific areas of interest through the Automata Book Club