At Autolist, we’re building the next-generation online automotive marketplace. Have you, your friends or your family members ever bought a car? Was the process stress-free? Could you do it all on your phone? We know the answer is probably “no”... but we’re looking to change that.
Are you a passionate researcher and communicator with a knack for uncovering data insights that answer timely, real-world questions? Do you love telling data-driven stories? Are you willing to roll up your sleeves to conduct own primary research to help address creative data needs? Would you like to help design data products used by millions of consumers worldwide? If so, Autolist has the role for you.
What You'll Do
- Work with vast amounts of public and private data to answer timely, real-world questions.
- Respond to data requests and research questions from a broad audience of consumers, business groups, and media.
- Use your experience with data, statistics, and economic theory to conduct original research, write stories and create data products.
- Work in an informal, collaborative atmosphere with teams of analysts, content writers, engineers, designers, and many others.
- Work fast and focus on impact.
At a Minimum, We'd Like You to Have
- An undergraduate degree in Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field
- 1 to 2 years recent experience in a similar role with analysis and storytelling
- Experience with data science tools such as R, SQL, and/or Python
- Demonstrated research ability, including the conceptualization and execution of original research topics, writing and explaining research motives and conclusions to expert and non-technical audiences
- A knack for visualizing data in innovative and compelling formats
- A detail-oriented and analytical mindset, with emphasis on accuracy
- Insatiable intellectual curiosity
Ideally, You'll Also Have
- A graduate degree in Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field
- Interest in the automotive industry
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel and Tableau
- Experience with creating, fielding and analyzing complex surveys